Hospitals and Overbilling. A Gertrude's Production

[MEDIA=twitter]1321064520836698113[/MEDIA]

This is for the sewing of a minor wound

[ATTACH=full]330798[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]330799[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]330800[/ATTACH]

Gertrudes ni wezi wa kimabavu,hawa robbery yao ni ya Violence,hapa hakuna tofauti na mtu anakushikia gun kwa kichwa.

Doctors are worse than parasitic owners of capital. They have no feelings. They have no social life. They spent their early years reading, away from friends and family.
Now when a doctor starts a business, akuwe administrator, inakua shida tupu.

Jocham Hospital Mombasa has more title deeds than our local banks. Ukikufa lazima upeane title deed kabla waachilie mwili. ukiekwa ICU lazima wachukue title deed, na wafanye transfer, kabla uanze kutibiwa.

Doctors will never negotiate on their professional fee.

Doctors running private hospitals are bitter people, always looking for opportunities to make more money

Mimi lazima ntafungua hospitali, ata kama ni ka-dispensary tuu, hawa watu wanakafunga ka fucking.

Hospitals charge highly because some people choose to go there and they pay. Ukienda hospitali ndogo, hautalipa hiyo pesa. Ni kama mtu kuenda hoteli kubwa halafu akilipishwa chai mia tano anatoka akipayuka.

1 Like

Lol. :D:D They have to bill properly otherwise you’re the same people who will start complaining when standards decline.

Insurance italipa. They always say that

Jocham are notorious for giving unnecessary medication…
For a minor cold, you’ll be given medication whose quantity can stock a newly opened pharmacy…
Especially if you’re covered on insurance.
And most of these prescriptions are common medications that can be found cheaply OTC.

You mean the BILLING STANDARDS HAVE TO BE KEPT HIGH?

And the horrible fact thrown right in one’s face is that you can’t avoid hospitals unless you’re the lucky one with a good immune system and hoping no accidents.

Same problem na wale walikuwa wanacomplain about school fees za international schools. Nobody forces people to go there.

Government has allowed doctors to steal from poor people avoid mather, nairobi hospital

Why would you be in the hospital for 3 days to be shonwaad a wound. That bill shows 10/25 -10/27 medication billing. Plus lunches and tea and snacks included for those days.

With your 9 thao monthly earnings fungua theRapist clinic… Follow in the footsteps of your idol mugo wairimu

The same keen eye tumia kuona that mahali wamekulia ni kwa surgical toileting and suturing. Hiyo ulizeni @Purple afafanue ni nini.

Kenyan private hospitals will always charge highly. Anything involving surgery and wounds, no matter how minor, bora ushaifikisha kwao, utakohoa pesa. If you ask for a breakdown utawekewa tools zingine hata hazikutumika or that huelewi.

Insurance ndio maana

Augmentin 642mg -Kshs 2300

As soon as you mention insurance then the bill goes up X5. The effects of that is that insurance premiums go up.

My second advice is that you pick the nearest mission hospital in your area. You will notice the service is better, costs fair and they don’t always prescribe stronger medicines or more than you need. Better service and different approaches.

Mamako ndio atakuwa patient wangu wa kwanza? Tusizoeane kijana, jua time ya jokes na wakati wa serious discussions. Ghaseer. Mushienzi.

The reason I posted this was to display borderline illegal practices by Kenyan hospitals.

1. We even saw this earlier by Nairobi Womens whereby they have a daily target and Doctors are asked to admit people on minor things.
  2. You are given drugs you do not need. You have to understand that this is complicated for a typical layman and if I have money and the doctor says drug X is required sometimes you just have to buy it.
  3. You are asked to sign on unnecessary procedures. It is now the norm for all Kenyan hospitals to recommend Cesarian birth for all mothers instead of normal birth even when the child is not at risk
  4. Inflated bills.
    a) From the comment section…“My brother was just discharged from hospital last week and when they gave us the bill I insisted on an itemised bill & questioned EVERY single entry. They ended up reducing that bill by ksh 230,000 because they couldn’t explain some charges & I made it clear I had time.” Imagine overbilling someone by 230k.
    b) Look at item #10. Ati 150k for surgical toilet. Hapa I am sure if the bill is itemised hata 40k haiwezi fika. Ndio hii an official doctor billing guideline. Unavailable . Unaona surgical toilet imewekwa minimum 15k and maximum 30k.
    c) “Now, Augmentin syrup (5ml) @ Ksh 2,310.00! I am neither a doctor nor a pharmacist - but I have bought a bottle of the stuff at a chemist …” From the bill above…“What makes it worse ni it seems for every time anapewa medication the whole bottle is charged, how???”. “Kwani for every time anapewa dawa anakunywa the whole bottle”
    d) Food. Billed at Kshs 500. Here is a picture of the said food. Remember, the hospital says that on admission you shouldn’t be
    [ATTACH=full]330809[/ATTACH]
    e) “I had been charged for three boxes of gloves a day. A box has a 100 pairs”. Yaani you are billed for 300 gloves per day
    f) “Yooo I also still have an invoice from Getrude’s. I had fainted due to painful period cramps. It was the nearest hospital so I went to get checked. I swear nilidungwa tu sindano ya diclophenac. Nothing more. How the bill came to 10k+ I don’t know.”
    g) "What is is going on in our private hospitals is really disturbing.The other day i decided to pass by Langata hospital for a simple checkup of my sugar levels.Whn they saw my insurance card they literally begging me to spend the night that i shouldn’t drive by myself… "
    h) “Gertrudes ata kama unaumwa na kichwa Augmentin lazima…I think walidecide to prescribe it to every patient regardless of their condition cause its expensive…Everyone i know who has taken their child there was prescribed Augmentin”
    i) A lady. “Siku ingine nililazwa for 2 days nikapata nimechargiwa hadi pad and I-”
    j) I was billed for doctor visits but the said doctor didn’t even visit me in the duration of my stay

Parting shot. This has been a meme going around social media for a while

A Kenyan left his job and joined salesman’s job in a big department stores in Canada.

Boss :- Do you have any experience?

Kenyan : Yes a little too much…

On the first day, that Kenyan worked with full mind.

At 6 pm the Boss :- How many sales did you sell on the first day today?

Kenyan : Sir I sold 1

Boss : Only 1 sale ??? Usually every salesman working here does 20 to 30 sales daily. Well, tell me how much money did you sell ???

Kenyan : $93300 dollars.

Boss : What ??? But how did you do it?

Kenyan: 1 person came and I sold him a small fishing hook.
Then a mazola and then finally sold a big hook. Then I sold him 1 big fishing rods and some fishing gear.

Then I asked him where do you go to catch fish and he said in the Coastal area…

Then I said it would need a boat. So I took him down to the boat department and sold him a 20 feet double engine scooner boat.

When he said this boat won’t enter into his Volkas Wagon, I took him to the auto mobile section and sold him the new Deluxe 4 x 4 blazer to carry the boat.
And when I asked him where he would be going fishing??? He hadn’t planned anything. So I took him to the camping section and sold him a six sleeper camper tent.

And then he said when he took all that he would take $200 groceries and 2 cases of beer.

Now the boss took 2 steps back and asked in :- You sold all this to the man who came to buy only 1 fish hook???

Kenyan : “NO, SIR…” He only came to take 1 tablet for the headache… I explained to him that fishing is the best way to get rid of headaches.

Boss : Where did you work before In Kenya???

Kenyan: Yes, I was a Doctor in a private Nairobi hospital : On a minor complaint of panic, we get the patients tested for pathology, ECO, ECG, TMT, CT scan, X-ray, MRI etc.

Boss : You sit on my chair. I am going to join a private hospital for training in Kenya.

I have personally never EVER spent a night in hospital.

My friend, hawa mahospital wakina tu cover… Basi kwisha.