Gas from a borehole

Lol…ati Rao? Uliskia kwa bar ama?
Now that Rao owns a gas company kila gas company ni yake? … Hehe…Wakenya mna mchezo sana

2 Likes

That’s why I always pay attention to what you say . Thank you

1 Like

:slight_smile: I don’t have an opinion on this one, my friend, not enough data. My flagging of lake Nyos was to draw the attention of knowledge seekers among us who may want to know about underground gas phenomenon.

1 Like

I posted a video up there on what happened. It wasn’t unnatural rather a landslide had occurred the day prior pushing all the boulders into the water . The boulders were made of carbonate compounds that reacted to produce co2. The co2 creeped into villages killing anything that inhaled it .

Which makes me wonder , I thought Carbon monoxide is the bad boy and not CO2 as they put it here . This got me confused …

1 Like

When a carbonate (CO3) decomposes you will get both ( CO and CO2). But remember that air is 20% oxygen. So the excess CO2 displaced the oxygen in the air suffocating the inhabitants.

2 Likes

Wow ,now it makes sense . Thanks a bunch . Gumbaru sio mbaya at times

3 Likes

Have not watched the video yet. Thought you were asking about the gas in the borehole…

1 Like

I got mixed up in the two but I got all the answers from @Simiyu22 . The video is creepy though

1 Like

Its actually easy, soak kamba kwa mafuta, stretch it as far as possible then washa

You wait till the govt sees this! Atakujiwo haraka sana huko magiro

It could just as well be CO2. A story is told of an NGO that was supporting a group somewhere in the RV to dig a borehole. Along the way gas ikaanza kutoka which was determined to be CO2. They directed this to their greenhouses, producing rather huge tomatoes and other fruits.

Volcanic eruption. H[SIZE=2]2[/SIZE]S, SO[SIZE=2]2[/SIZE][SIZE=5], SO[/SIZE][SIZE=2]3[/SIZE][SIZE=5] etc.[/SIZE]

Secondly, CO[SIZE=2]2 [/SIZE]is denser than O[SIZE=2]2.[/SIZE]

Its actually easy, soak kamba kwa mafuta, stretch it as far as possible then washa

1 Like

You wait till the govt sees this! Atakujiwo haraka sana huko magiro

It could just as well be CO2. A story is told of an NGO that was supporting a group somewhere in the RV to dig a borehole. Along the way gas ikaanza kutoka which was determined to be CO2. They directed this to their greenhouses, producing rather huge tomatoes and other fruits.

1 Like

Volcanic eruption. H[SIZE=2]2[/SIZE]S, SO[SIZE=2]2[/SIZE][SIZE=5], SO[/SIZE][SIZE=2]3[/SIZE][SIZE=5] etc.[/SIZE]

2 Likes

Secondly, CO[SIZE=2]2 [/SIZE]is denser than O[SIZE=2]2.[/SIZE]

1 Like