Chafua: 2023 Suzuki Jimny 5 Door Edishen

So Suzuki decided to make a slightly longer wheelbase version of its quirky box on wheels that can go anywhere. Other than rear legroom and a slight increase in practicality I really don’t see the need for a 5-door Suzuki Jimny. The Jimny mostly appeals to coin conscious off-road enthusiasts and folks who live in remote areas that are under-served by roads, making the Jimny slightly longer will do little to broaden its market.

Maybe the 2023 5-door Suzuki Jimny is filling the space vacated by the Toyota Rush (2006-2016) before it morphed into a “baby Fortuner

6 Likes

This car is as uncomfortable as hell.Nikitoka campo my first job was that one of a sales rep and i had a suzuki jimny as a company car.driving it around nairobi was just fine.But of Nairobi for long hours was the challenge.It had a stiff suspension so you could feel all the tiny bumps on the road.It was also highly unstable.If you suddenly swerve to the right or left you could feel the the rear left and rear right respectively trying to lift off.My trips from Nairobi to Eldoret and back were literallly back breaking.Unaumwa na mgongo hadi unatii.

2 Likes

I still have vivid memories of a red one seemly being blown away by the wind along the infamous Thika road back in the 90’s.

1 Like

My own all time favorite is the older Suzuki Jimmy 1.3 Auto 4WD ( 2005-2015 ) that is now available on the second hand market …

images (8)_2
It is the perfect economical , small footprint , off-road capable , affordable , reliable runner …:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Is it in Kenya yet? Naingojea sana

3 Likes

How often do you overtake?

2 Likes

Nikiwa na shughli pande za Uhuru Highway nitaelekea CFAO kuangalia.

How often ( if at all ) do You drive in Nairobi City environs …???
Except between the hours of 11:00 pm and 05:00 am , it is Impossible to drive around beyond 50 kph without risking some sort of accident …
My trusty SUZUKI Jimny 1.3 Auto is just the perfect vehicle for the task …

images (1)_4

Compact , Economical and a pleasure to navigate the traffic with …:grin::revolving_hearts:

If it is the Size that you desire , why not just get a Toyota Prado …??

images (1)_6

Otherwise …
The Suzuki Jimny or Toyota Rush are just the vehicle for You …

1x_3

The 2015 Land Rover Defender 90 TD …
Hands down the best utility vehicle of the decade …
It’s military pedigree is proof of this …
images (1)_3

images (1)_2

1 Like

Update.
Automark (next to Carrefour Mega) waliniambia for now wanashughulika na Jimny 3 door used and new but they are currently out of stock.

The second generation SWB Pajero (1991-1999) with its part-time 4WD and independent front suspension/live-axle rear with coil springs is arguably superior. SWB Pajero’s are the authority when it comes to the World’s Toughest Off-Road Race, the Dakar Rally.

2 Likes

A Good , Durable Machine …:grin:

Better than the guzzling Jeep

Apples to Apples, doesn’t the Subaru XV fulfill and exceed what the Jimny was meant to do? More so in a more subtle manner?

Hehehehe barely one week after doing the last exam Enigma landed a sales job with a company car which was exact model like this one but sydney blue in color.Nilienda nayo graduation kama nimepiga luku ya academic gown nikakunywa vibaya sana wale madem former class mates wenye walikua wameninyima rosecoco for four years

See for yourself what makes this tiny SUV so unique …:grin:

1 Like

Subaru is not an offroader…

Thanks. i was always a Suzuki man until they refused to improve the Escudo. The new version is too tiny and low clearance…

2 Likes

hii mzungu inabembeleza hii gari. It can do wonders