Why we cannot drill oil in Turkana

1 Like

one mineral deal na kila mtu kenya amekafunga

Noma sana. Ile 50million inapeanwa Kwa church, kila mtu akipewa Mita yake wengine naomoka :green_emoji:

Naskia Britain owns every mineral that would be discovered in Kenya.

One of the terms of muzungu with mathafaka Jomo Kenyatta the traitor.

3 Likes

If we have minerals worth paying the public debt why don’t nabii mushienzi mwenye ukedi make that G to G deal na uncle Sam angalao tupumue? Stupid fucking hiv positive burrkenge

2 Likes

They don’t own the minerals but they used a lot of our stolen resources and labour to conduct extensive mineral surveys. Such a survey would cost the equivalent of -3 trillion shillings today. Of course at the time they didn’t have to worry about pesky things like development budget for the monkeys. So they could do it. After that, they kept all the reports hidden

Turkana hakuna OIL.

3 Likes

@Simiyu22 mtaishi in denial till when?

hakuna kitu huko.

geologist anasema turkana na machakos kuna crude

Hakuna oil. Government was scammed for exploration fees.

1 Like

juu ni maji ilipelekwa kwa meli na zile tankers for refining

1 Like

Everywhere on this earth, there is oil. Everywhere. The problem is that it’s not commercial quantities. For example, in some places, the oil lies too deep, or inside bedrock that’s difficult to drill through. So it will cost you more than the price of oil to extract it.

Turkana fell into at least one of those categories.
It’s amazing how much people don’t understand about mining, and info is available on google.

Kumbe hujakua senile completely. Hii jamaa inaitwa @Hno_Hh ni manoki mwingine wa kubeba gunia kwa mgongo kama @messiahette na @TrumanCapote

Hii story uliskia pale Shopping center yenu Kwhisero. Probably Nuru Okanga was narrating it and you believed it. But enough is enough mobaruhya.

In 2023 revelation that the commercially recoverable oil from the reserves is significantly larger than previously estimated, which made Tullow revise it’s production capacity of the oilfields to estimates of about 120,000 barrels of oil per day (bopd), up from current production of 70,000 bopd.

I know what you ask next. Why are they not producing at those levels? Well simply put,the current capacity of the pipeline does not support it.
GoK na budgeting yake released money late in 2023 for the pipeline expansion. Also notably the investor didn’t want to reveal the actual figures until a 3rd party Audit firm Gaffney, Cline & Associates laid it bare for everyone to see, then the investor accepted the facts.

Tullow is now saying they need a strategic investor to pump in some money to boost production. Before it was revealed that there was more oil down there, they chased away TotalEnergies as their strategic partnersince they were not playing ball, I’m guessing they are the ones who whistle blowed.

@Simiyu22 I’ve mentioned specific names of companies in my rant, so please do your reading before asking me for evidence.

You should have pasted the headline of your source.

80% of Kenya’s crude oil cannot be tapped.

Which means present technology cannot work in Turkana. Maybe technology developed in 2060 may work. There’s oil in every part of this world. Extracting it is the challenge. Go re-read your geography books.

@Josto_Bwaku

So why is Tullow not packing it’s shit and leaving ? and rather inject more into a well that doesn’t promise anything?

Government refused to approve their sell in stake. Majority of their staff was sent home. There’s no drilling going on there.

1 Like

Gunia ni mamako ngamia.