When Mobile Internet Was Via WAP. Watu Walinyonga Na 3GP Videos

Back in the early and mid 2000s, mobile phones had a slow data connection achieved via WAP protocol. Ericsson, Siemens, Nokia etc had their own data settings, what today we call APN. Connection was slow as fvck but we still downloaded grainy 3GP videos for self pleasures. The videos were in Kilobytes (kB).

Popular WAP sites

** WAP TRICK**

Waptrick was the go-to website at those times; it provided virtually everything; from Java games & apps to Symbian games & apps, and also wallpapers. More so, Waptrick has categories for MP3s, videos, wallpapers,

** Get Jar**

Get Jar went live in 2004 and competed with Waptrick as one of the best sites to download all kinds of Java games. This site is still very much functional and still gets thousands of daily visitors. Yes, it runs on HTTPS protocol, and you can download a lot of new stuff there.

As of 2016, Get Jar was the best site to download mobile games for Nokia S40 devices, and other feature phones like the Nokia 2700, Nokia C1/C2/C3

2 Likes

I remember one of my first phones banae. A Motorolla W220 flap. I used to flex with that phone back in the day kwanza ocha ukiwa na phone you were a legitimate G.

Motorola-W220

1 Like

This device was the smaller bro of the Beast Motorolla V3 RAZOR This one had CULTIC following

With this hata bibi ya OCS ungegula

3 Likes

This phone was beautiful and had class. Motorola outdid themselves here and I doubt there’s been a better designed phone by any manufacturer appearance-wise since the RAZR models.

1 Like

Downloading Elliot Yamin’s wait for you midi tone on this legend phone was equivalent to having a paid spotify account today

2 Likes

I had a Motorola L7. It was the equivalent of the V3 but in candy bar form. The thing had nice mo3 ringtones and nice camera for it’s time.

download (3)

2 Likes

I too had this phone :rofl:

1 Like

My first phone was Sagem MC 922 in the year 2003. It had a polyphonic ringtone " lambada" which was my favourite.

4 Likes

Dance GIF
Kumbe you guys are very olds. That explains the makasiriko in this forum. Grumpy

2 Likes

Mine was Sony CMD J70, it could record audio and I’d use it as ringtone.

sony1

Good ol’ days

sonyb

I was a simp those days, I recorded Vitimbi theme song, I thought it sounded really nice as a ringtone.

2 Likes

Old is relative, hata wewe to a kid you are a fossil.

Penda sana hizi tbt. I had the aforementioned Motorola w220. A very rich cousin came to Kenya from the USA with a coloured screen phone and in it was a basketball game. At the time I thought the future had reached it’s peak. I could not fathom how the world could possibly get better than this. Simu iko na camera, sijui 256 colours, gprs…I didn’t even know the brand of phone that was. Pia nilikuwa nacollect Kencell plastic cards for my personal amusements. Na supa strikas pia.

3 Likes

Airtime ilikuwa 300 bob, with no offers to save it through minute packages or data packages. Phone owners then were somehow richer than the phone owners in this okoa 5 bob times.

1 Like

im 25 years right now and i still remember using waptrick in mid 2000 using my dads phone. i loved those big ass black women videos even before i became a teenager. :green_emoji: :green_emoji:

Back then ukienda pub, unapewa glass mbili, Moja ya bill na ya kuweka simu ikiwa imesimama for best reception :grin: and to floss.
Alafu before mobiles we had dial up internet using landline. Inatoa ka sound kengine when connecting banae.

1 Like

Here is an ancient 128K Dial up Modem. Used to make that screeching sound while connecting.

Nilkuwa naingia Worldsex.com nayo Kuona free galleries

1 Like

This website na low qual and high qual iliniharibu sana.