When Did You Realize You Are A Peasant?

I know this might rub some birrionaires in here the wrong way but let us just appreciate that there are levels to peasantry. Wale unaona ni peasants amongst themselves kuna pia castes. For example among poor people, kuna vile ukianza kukula nyama twice a week wazee wa Nyumba Kumi lazima wakutembelee wajue unatoanga wapi pesa siku hizi.
My epiphany moment kujua kuwa I am a peasant who should start working on himself occured in 2005. The Prado J120 had just come out na ndio ilikuwa inanyamba. I had this tall relative who owned one among other vehicles and was living in one of the estates with trees and birds. Sasa ikatokea safari tukaamua kwenda kuomba gari on a Friday coz place tulikuwa tunaenda kupeleka jamaa kuchukua bibi lazima watutambue. Our expectations were that tutapewa one of the old vehicles in the compound. Shock on us kufika jamaa anatuambia gari Iko available tunaweza tumia ni hio Prado. Karibu nijimwagie. Agreement ikawa tukirudi sato jioni tutarudisha.
Sasa shida ni hio excitement. Already nilikua nimesha ona madem na majamaa wenye lazima nipitie karibu nao na hio gari wanitambue hata kama ni for a day. Baada ya safari hio Saturday nikaanza malap na gari ya wenyewe. Hio sato jioni ni dunda, Sunday ni kutesa gari nikarudisha Monday jioni after kuenda nayo job ikapea watu pressure kidogo. Najua ilikuwa utoto but what struck me is that the fucker never called kuuliza gari Iko wapi. Hata time ya kurudisha the guy wasn’t concerned at all na wife yake ndio alikuwa anagundua eti Prado haijakuwa kwa compound the whole weekend. I had to really evaluate my life kama naishi na kupumua in the same country with people who ain’t concerned what some of us might kill for.

27 Likes

The appropriate title should have been 'when did you realize you suffered from low self-esteem '.

23 Likes

Typing it’s nilemea but there are times mdau when shit hits the fan , and you really sure there is a better life ,you go back to your shiity life and tell your self maybe tomorrow.

2 Likes

Omwami, you don’t need a lot of money to afford a house in a great neighborhood and a few cars. I don’t know why elders hapa don’t listen to me. If you can get hold of only 20M in Kenya, that’s enough for a nice house (ukijijengea) and a few cars na upige biashara yako vizuri.

2 Likes

So to you an average Kenyan can get 20M?

15 Likes

I don’t know what 20M is to you so I can’t answer your question.

Bado uko pale kamulu kwa uncle yako?

13 Likes

Do you really know what a million is in Kenya?

1 Like

Meffi wewe. Hata hauku ingia Dem mkia hapo backseat. Wewe uko na very low self esteem.

1 Like

Peanuts. I’m always 10M liquid at all times. Ati 1M :joy::joy:. Peanuts my friend.

1 Like

Nakula dust uku Kamulu. Pesa iliisha :joy:

1 Like

Kuna estate za Wahindi Westlands/Spring Valley/Kyuna/Nyari zenye ukiingia utashangaa kama uko Kenya. Hapo ndipo unaona the real ballers in this country.

Unlike estates kama Karen na Muthaiga where homes are too private, gated communities za Westy na Spring Valley hazina hiyo privacy mingi once you get past the main gate. Kuanzia hapo ni mansions, lawns, and sleek motis on the driveway hakuna fences inside the community.

Huko unaona Range Rovers new models, Lexus LX570s/600s, Landcruisers new models, etc magari za 20M+ each zimejaa. Did I mention hakuna blacks wengi ndani ya estate and you will probably be the only black person you see at that time?

1 Like

I think you have a serious mental illness if you believe half the stuff you write.

25 Likes

Shika shamba kaka hizi maeneo. Sahi kakuota ni 3.5-4M. Jenga a nice house in future

Poor people actually think money is evil. Figures kidogo ivi na ushaanza accusations za mental illness. Kuja hapa Kamulu nikubuyie supu na kichwa ya mbuzi

1 Like

4M for a 50 by 100 is madness :joy::joy:. It could never be me.

1 Like

He said his networth is $10m. He retired from Amazon Warehouse forklift job at 26.

22 Likes

I will henceforth read your replies for their entertainment value and no more.

9 Likes

Much obliged kaka. Actually naona my liquid account imedrop to about 9M. Hii ni shida kubwa sana. Let me top up. Unajua what I earn in interest on this very casual account is your monthly salary apo kwa muhindi. Lakini nakuombea boss. I can mentor you lakini unakaa mjuaji sana.

Safisha:

2 Likes

HI Alex

8 Likes