What do you wish you knew or did in early 20s

I don’t regret anything. I have good and interesting memories which shaped me. And now my goal is I am a collective of so many interesting experiences, opinions and people I’ve met. Places I’ve seen. Decisions missed. I am so many things people don’t see but sense and my thing now is to reconcile all of them into me to be there at the same time.

But I needed the fact I was a hippie in my 20s. I need to actuate my brilliance it’s time. As far as women. I look at my pics and I’m like no homo. I was kinda good looking… But I never knew how much women I could get then and yet now I can get Soo many. So it’s a testiment to the fact that sometimes we don’t realize the extent of what we can achieve but are capable of especially when younger. So I wish I knew myself and accept being me the way I know myself now back then. But it was necessary.

Today I heard a quote. Experience is just spiritual experiments to learn things and grow from them. I’m happy I partied and did things as I was.

The only thing If I was forced to say was figure out how to make money faster. Figure out for the next generation so they don’t make money late or are stuck doing things because they think that’s what they should be doing.

You doing it now?

Kidogo kidogo, I’m trying hard to slay the spirit of selfishness and vanity; for it is better to give than to receive.

Its a hard thing. When I came into money I was so greatful. When I’d go out to clubs and saw the street kids I’d buy a bunch of food for them and try to figure out their lives. Many were runaways or that was the lie they learnt as I found out later to get pity.

I’d be constantly getting them food. Have hearts to heart. I was out so much and djs and bouncers are my friends they thought I was a dj cause I also did music.

Eventually I made a hard decision. As much as I pleaded with them. Offered to pay fees. Counseled them. Feeding them everytime I saw them, and other people like me kept them so comfortable they never went home. Stayed up all night. Danced to club music from outside. Sniffed glue. No school no nothing. Me giving them what they needed then like food doomed them to staying on the street.

I eemember this kid was sniffing glue and this guy wanted to help him. And said he’d pay for him to have a place to sleep and food and what not. I said I’d help too. The guy took the young kids glue away. The kid almost started crying. Wasn’t trying to hear nothing.

A Children’s home with an education focused on teaching them how to make money and putting them on paths to success would make sense. They have no patience for traditional school and memorizing things not relevant to how they will survive.

:D:D toivo wachana na hio, utakuwa ukisikia halufu ya pineapple unatoroka

I will give you golden nuggets if you follow me to my Palace of Wisdom

Leason we all learn the hard way, generosity without knowledge is harmful. People do not know what they really need and if you don’t know any better you harm them more.

Mboss yakwa. :D:D:D iiii

Yeah it broke my heart not to feed them. But by not feeding them it might make them get off the streets.

Which was better for them long term. Otherwise they were doomed.

Wasnt a risk taker. Should have invested way more. Travelled a lot more. I cant believe I had so much time. Theres so many places I would love to see but dont have the time. Mozambique, Capetown, Machu Pichuu. Even just to Lamu to taste a octopus. With the things I juggle now, would have been a breeze in my 20s.

Na wale watu kuoa at 20s waliendeaga wapi.

no regrets…absolutely no regrets…I drank like a 20yr old, screwed around like an energetic 20yr old…partied hard and literally lived on the edge. At some point family and friends thought I was into drugs and were scared I was not going to make it…but once I graduated I became a totally new person. . those who knew me and had zero expectations are always surprised when they see me.

hehe…tru…lenana was a major customer for riruta toivo brewers back in the day, early 90s

Never tried to fight the system and remained in Kenya

I would thrown more cash into the money market. Would have toured the world more. Now I am a grumpy old man and family responsibilities can not allow me to go out a lot. But I am glad coz I learnt some tough lessons which makes me to make informed decisions at the moment.

I am 22 headed to 23 but from what I have read, all I can say is that everything is just a mindset, belief, illusion.
You believe that you had/have to fuck as many girls as possible during your twenties, drink a lot and party as hard as possible so you can now ‘relax’ later in life.
But that’s just a mindset. It’s just the same way some kids believe that they have to have a PlayStation for them to be happy. And funny enough, you will never ‘relax/settle’ as hoped because it’s hard changing your inner self, your spiritual being. Plus humans are never satisfied, once you get something you’ll want more.
The most important thing is building your future, not engaging in acts that risk your life/health, and maintaining good friendships

Travelling should be a must for those that can. Be it inbound or outbound. We are encouraging our children to hit the road but we worry too as we won’t be there and they don’t want us there. As you all know I am a REMAINER by Brexit vote coz I wanted my kids to enjoy the whole of the EU bila mambo. But mambo ilienda seuth. And we accepted roho safi.
Our own country has a lot to offer…tutembee…someone once said kuishi kuingi kuona mengi…so so so true…

@administrator pin this thread

Yo

You’re still young. Fika 40 kwanza, start a family, run a business or go through several jobs and pay grades, own some property, get conned/ripped off etc, then you can talk.

The past is a bucket of ashes. Nobody can change the past. Not even God. Do you know why you regret things later? It’s because you have grown. Now you see things differently. When you were a child you played with fire, if you got burnt, do you say, I wish I never played with fire? Hindsight is 20/20.There are no mistakes in life only lessons. When I was in a child I thought like a child but when I became a man I left childish things behind.

As a Christian I have a very strong conscience and I would often agonize about things I wish I had done better such as treat myself and others better. Then the Lord spoke to me through His Word, like how merciful is God? Satan is tormenting you with regrets and the Lord whispers with great tenderness a Word to silence the enemy.

2 Corinthians 7:10

When God makes you feel sorry enough to turn to him and be saved, you don’t have anything to feel bad about. But when this world makes you feel sorry, it can cause your death.

I thank God for everything I did wrong in my life,it helped me become more understanding, forgiving and compassionate, less judgemental about the failures/faults of others. It made me a more loving and caring person. I am very careful about how I treat people nowadays because I have regretted how I treated them earlier in my life without consideration and kindness . I have learned that God should be my first resort not my last. God really knows how to sort things out. I realised God is the most powerful Friend I have in high places. LOL.

I have learned that happiness is a choice and unhappiness is also a choice. If someone or something is making you unhappy deal with it, don’t just complain and become bitter. Ask God for help if you can’t let go. Choose to be a happy person. To interact positively with others. Enjoy and be grateful for what little or much you have. Your body is not a carcass eat nutritious food.Before putting anything in your body ask yourself, if I only had one car to take me through life 70,80,90,100,120 years would I put in it the things I put in my body? If the answer is no. You know what to do to that junk you are putting in your body.

In my 20s I saw people pursue very wreckless lifestyles they slept with lots of people and had kids with different men and some even caught incurable diseases and others died. Others stayed in toxic relationshits out of the fear of loneliness and started sleeping around and drinking out of frustrations and in the end they could not hold on anymore. The sooner a toxic situation is left the better don’t be left or fall into severe depression 20 years and 3 kids later. Love yourself enough to say no and to walk b4 you have invested too much in the relationship. Love whomever you want to but don’t allow them to ruin your life and your happiness. Life is too short to be miserable from avoidable circumstances. If it’s not working for you that’s the only reason you need to leave. What I learnt from watching all those experiences is that as invincible as you may feel in your twenties, you are still delicate as you were when you were a child, only that now, it’s you to parent yourself and protect yourself not your parents . You won’t find love by having sex and children and stds and aids by having sex with people who you are not married to. Nobody can love you more than you love yourself. Don’t become a love addict who is throwing your life, your health and everything to get your next high like a regular junkie on the streets btw there’s people who have ended up dead, on the streets and in Mathare because of blind love. Don’t fall for the time pressure, your biological clock, what if you die tomorrow and you have never had sex, it’s a lie from the pits of hell. Better to die a virgin with no children than go against what you know to be the right thing because your conscience will always bother you when you are on the wrong route no matter how noble your intentions may be. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Live an honorable life even if you are the only one. Remember Elijah in the cave. There’s always a remnant, don’t be part of the crowd, be part of the remnant. The road to heaven is very narrow. It’s not for everyone it’s for the Chosen Few. Many are called but few are chosen.

Don’t look at all the trouble in the world and feel guilty or overwhelmed. As Mother Teresa said, think globally but act normally. There’s no point in going to children’s homes in December when you have never given your watchie a cup of hot coffee or some soup even when he’s having a cold. God doesn’t expect you to save the world. He expects you to be His face, hands and feet to those around you. That’s why He placed you there. That’s your assignment. Give your watchie food. Buy your househelp a towel if she did not come with one. Even buy her pads. People are very unkind to people who work for them then they be running to feed orphans in some far away places . Charity begins at home. Another thing that Pope Francis said when He was in Kenya, don’t send yourself, let God speak to you before you go out to help people. You are not assigned to everyone, even Jesus knew He was not sent to everyone. So since you didn’t call yourself don’t send yourself. Let God speak to you about who to help. In my 20s I was hyper active like that. With age I learned that I am on assignment and the assignment comes from the Lord. Not from my feelings. Or my friends. I have been of greater service to God when I let God lead me to the assignments He has for me than running around helter skelter . Going on every mission. He who began a good work in you will be faithful to not complete it but direct it and support it. God is just methodical and strategic like that. Cease from your labors and enter the Lord’s rest. On the same line, seek God for yourself. Many pastor’s are in business and they are charlatans. Christianity is a relationship not a religion. You do not need broker’s and go betweens. God is reachable through personal prayer. Avoid being manipulated by avoiding including 3rd parties in your relationship with God. That one lesson has saved me a ton of grief. God doesn’t need a 3rd party to talk to me or minister to me or hear me. God is omnipresent, He is not a reserve of a few men or women of God. And those posing as the gateway to God to take advantage of vulnerable people in desperate situations. Cultivate a personal relationship with God to avoid cunning false pastor’s.

There’s an atheist I love so much he’s called Pepe Mujica, he spent 11 years in solitary confinement. With not even a book. He says a human being rarely learns from others, he often learns from his own personal experience. He also speaks of consumerism. When I was younger I was a shopaholic, it still strikes me sometimes but not as much. I had such a shoe fetish that my father would call me Imelda Marcos. Things can never give you worth or happiness. Some people with every thing are very unhappy because they have everything but still do not feel fulfilled. God is the only source of true happiness. Not a man or a woman who hasn’t seen the best men and women betray and change and leave. Not children, some children have brought nothing but grief to their parents. Not possessions. Though it’s good to have them for the comfort and convenience just don’t become so attached to them that when you lose them you get a heart attack. Invest your heart and love and adoration in God. I assure you that you will never regret it. That is the only one thing in this world with 100% no regrets.