Wamefunga Telkcom

For the past one week (others has been 2 weeks) my telkcom line has been mteja.

a company called American Towers Corporation (ATC) wanasema Telkcom kenya iko na deni hao waka funga network.

The Communications Workers Union (COWU) has asked the government to inject funds into Telkom Kenya to save the company from collapse.
COWU General Secretary Benson Okwaro said the Telco was struggling with debt and will soon shut down and render hundreds of workers jobless.

The company, he said, was on the brink of collapse after American Towers Corporation (ATC) switched off half of its masts spread across the country over a Ksh 200 million pending bill, making it difficult for subscribers in the affected regions to call, browse the internet and send money.

In 2013, Telkom sold 723 base stations to ATC on a sale and leaseback agreement to cut on operation costs.
Addressing the media at Tom Mboya Labour College in Kisumu, Okwaro said the decision to sell the base stations was ill-informed and was to blame for the problems facing the company.

“These masts belonged to Telkom. Now the company has to lease to use them and is unable to pay,” he said.

If the situation persists, he said the company will be unable to pay salaries for the 600 workers and cater for operational costs.

Today CEO amekunja mkia with a fake apology

nabii Ruto mashida tu.

2 Likes

Si nabii wakiingia walikuwa wamenunua hii kitu?

3 Likes

This is the gradual phase of economic collapse. The sudden phase saa hii iko gym ikifanya rehearsal.

3 Likes

Kitu yeyote nabii anashika ina kufa tu sio uchumi sio shilling against the dollar…

2 Likes

Hio kampuni should use its muscle power and sell their network to a third party waingie wafanye biz its like wameshika the whole of kenya… Telkom is literally operating on fumes… hadi wameanza ku subscription za lazima on premium sms service on clients lines kupata pesa za lazima… for the last two months each time napata credit imekulwa on premium service subscribed from proxy on the network.

2 Likes

My telqom line has been working with no itch

1 Like

I repeat ,be wary of anything the government touches

pande gani hio ya kenya

Signal problem started two months ago, I heavily relied on Telkom unlimited data to stream EPL. I could only have network when outside my apartment, threw away the SIM card in April and got Faiba

NIABM