Uncivilized Behavior

Thrice now, I have had my window seat on the SGR taken by an entitled person. You ask them to vacate your seat and they act shocked that you’d be so daring as to follow the law in spite of their personal interests. This kind of behavior is exactly why our country resembles a cow shed.

12 Likes

You are a coward. Badala ya kufuata haki, na uinue mtu, unakuja hapa kwa kijiji kuteta?

Wewe ni mmoja wa wale watu wana encourage ufisadi kenya. Unanyamaza kwa train hadi mombasa maovu yakitendeka

11 Likes

Such silly people exist, but if you insist on getting the seat you booked they will move. Just stand and wait.

2 Likes

In such cases, its very important that you learn the lesson that if you had the ticket to that seat and someone else took it and refused to vacate when requested, it means YOU are the bloody fool.

Alafu unakuja kuanikia watu ushenzi wako hapa

2 Likes

Verdict: You are petty. Window seats are overrated, long travels peeps know that. Watu wa travel sickness sit near windows so if you are likely to be puked on utakuwa karibu na window. If I had booked a window seat na nipate mtu, kwanza we confirm the seat numbers then I if the person insists too much I let it go.

Anyway hizi ni petty peasant problems there are people with serious issues kwa hii maisha .

1 Like

If it’s not the seat, it’s drivers overlapping mpaka wanafunga barabara defeating their intended purpose, ama folks who throw trash anywhere and are surprised when the drainages are blocked. Even in gatherings utaona ninja imejaza excess food without considering that others hawajakula. Clearly we have a problem with the way most of us r socialized and the seat is a tiny symptom of it.

11 Likes

I actually got my seat on all occasions. My point was that such behavior is uncivilized.

3 Likes

You call it a petty peasant problem, I see it as a symptom of prevalent barbarism. There’s no way we can transition to sophisticated high trust society with a modern economy with such mindsets. I mean, if respecting train rules is a problem, how are you going to understand, let alone respect the law for a complex thing such as an airline manufacturing plant? Seat grabbers can only remain a nation of savage tribes stuck in poverty and conflict.

7 Likes

Kuna mzee nilishika mashati nikatupa huko kando.

I would have let him stay shida ni jaluo jeuri alianza kuniongelesha kama mimi ni mamake.

4 Likes

To everyone assuming that I gave up the seat… That’s not me. I took what’s mine but couldn’t help wondering how grown ups have to be forced to obey simple seat allocations. As I said, this behavior explains the sorry state of the nation.

2 Likes

Some jaruos also took my window seat in a flight from Kisumu to Nairobi. I just let him have it. I wasn’t about to engage with someone with the mind of a warthog.

3 Likes

That’s one approach I can try.

Don’t let fools rent space in your head. Kuna watu wajinga hii Dunia.

5 Likes

I’m only replying to you coz it’s hilarious that kijiji ina discuss mere seats. :joy:

If seats are such an injustice in this country you do what men do – do something about and eject someone who took yours. I have done that severally. If civility is the issue here, you’d be surprised by how people are quick to run from confrontations and public drama. Or else behave like a woman or child and become passive-aggressive about it throwing unnecessary tantrums na umbea kijijini.

You seem to have missed the point kababa. Enda ufungue thread ingine ya binance ujiongeleshe.

1 Like

The theead is really not about arguing over a seat in a train. What OP is doing is just pointing out one type of bad manners which shows that tuna ubaradhuli mwingi sana and we need to examine ourselves. Ignoring simple rules means we choose to live in chaos, and it will cost us. It costs us time, money and peace of mind. You cannot completely avoid meeting savages, they are everywhere. You might generally steer clear (as I do a lot of times), but sometimes you are forced to face them and deal with it. Think of someone who sees nothing wrong with standing very close behind you in a queue, till you have to tell him to give you space. Sipendi ujinga, I don’t want to feel your breath or your big belly touch my back. I have done that in a supermarket, and the big fellow was very pissed, but I stood my ground. Nkt. You know the type who start throwing comments like, Kwani nikikukaribia kuna nini, are you special?!
There are even cases where being casual about apparently simple things costs lives. Think of the idiot who causes an accident because he has ignored driving rules, so he has stopped a truck in the middle of the road, on a bridge or he has turned without indicating–reasoning that others have eyes and they can see, or they should wait. That sense of entitlement in some people is a form of foolishness and is born of a careless mindset. Think of the welfare of others, there is nothing petty about that.

3 Likes

is it worth it, why not turn the the management to resolve the issue, this is a management issue.

2 Likes

Extremely uncivilised.The other day i decided to experience the train to Kisumu.Before boarding hapo nje ya train there was drama kiasi. A 8 member family of nubians was being kicked out.They had taken a whole row of seats and when the owners came they refused to move.Kumbe the owners were jaluo kichwa ngumu wa kutoka kondele wenye walikua na 1000bob mbele nyuma and decided to use the 900bob to head back to Kisumu.They produced tickets with the seat numbers and demanded to have their seats wakisema 'tokeni kwa viti zetu tumechoka sana na tunaenda mbali buana!'The younger members of the nubian family kept saying fanyeni tu heshima hii family yetu nikubwa na tunataka kukaa pamoja.The railways security team kicked them out.

2 Likes

Their inability to plan earlier to book to sit together did not constitute an emergency for the njaruo.

Wakwende sana. Anyone sitting on my sit huwa ananiangalia akiona hio kisura personal changu anatoka tu.

2 Likes

Ni kama South C nilipitia hapo side ya Belleview manze kumerain barabara haipitiki juu nongwe zimetupa takataka mpaka inafloat kwa barabara yet the drainage was expanded. Mpaka unajiuliza kama mtu hutupa takataka kwa sitting room yake vile anatupa kwa road. Hii Kenya we are special nut cases sisi wote ujinga tu ndio tumejaza kwa akili na tunajifanya tumesoma sana.

1 Like