To Live Comfortably In Kenya Today You Need To Be Making Just Ksh 6,700 NET Per Day

Ksh 6,700 NET which translates to Ksh 201,000 per month

Huo ndio mpaka wa Poverty na Lower Middle Class

2 Likes

How did you arrive at this

1 Like

Acha tungoje guru sage @gaines profound wisdom kwa hii maneno

1 Like

Ashachangamkia…i can see hes dropping a long compositiòn hapa chini

3 Likes

Mwache kusumbua mturandom

@Gaines tumengoja Sana. Wacha story za typing and deleting. Hit us with your wisdom.

4 Likes

30min later and dude is still typing

3 Likes

True and false. A bachelor/spinster without kids and other financial responsibilities will live comfortably with 200k net. A married man with five kids and aging parents to look after will struggle with 200k net. Everything is subjective based on personal circumstances and your definition of comfortable. Comfort for you might be misery to another person.

9 Likes

Very true.comfortable is relative

1 Like

very correct Ndinduree. I did my own calculations and I arrived at almost the exact same figure. Anyway, even 100Gs you will live a good life as long as your rent does not exceed 20k.

5 Likes

Hiyo pesa ni mzuri ukaingia kwa a Rent-to-Own arrangement. 4 Bedroom Massionette ualipa vizuri in just a few years in many urban-rural townships kama Embu, Kajiado etc Stop overcrowding in Nairobbery.

1 Like

Married men with 5+ kids belong in two categories:

1. The typical ushago family where people don’t pay rent and live off the farm: such people have very small expenses and are shielded from the fast life that most Nairobians live.

2. Billionaires in upper class areas of Nairobi: these people are shielded from any form of misery.

I contend that it’s difficult for a middle class guy who doesn’t fall into either category to even think of having 5 kids unless he’s a complete idiot.

2 Likes

200k ni sawa kwa bachelor sma family of 3 max ocha

If you have been an elder for more than 8 years in this Kijiji, haufai kuwa unaongea Mambo ya rent.
Such elders wako supposed kuwa kwa their own pigsty.

5 Likes

Hii ushenzi ni clickbait tupu

My dog dropping profound wisdom nuggets hapa

Interest rates back then weren’t as high as Zakayo is willing to pay right now. Kama ukona 3M imeshikana mbona ujenge pigsty when you can rent a 45k house with the same money from a 3M bond?

4 Likes

You need double that amount to live comfortably i.e Ksh 12,700 per day Nett = 381,000 per month Nett

3bdrm mansionette rent = 120,000 pm
Stima - 8,000
Maji - 5,000
Car fuel = 60,000 (2,000 per day)
School fees for 3 kids = 60,000 per month (each kid 80k per term, 240k for 3 kids, 3 terms per yr total 720,000)
Food = 60,000 pm
Clothing = 30,000 pm
Health insurance = 5,000 pm
Entertainment/internet/dstv/airtime = 20,000 pm
House girl = 10,000 pm
Security/garbage = 3,000 pm
Total = Ksh 381,000 per month Nett (about Ksh 550,000 gross income before 30% PAYE)

30000 per month kwa nguo woooow

2 Likes

The goal was to live comfortably, not lavishly. 120k rent? 60k food? These are not necessary to live a comfortable life.

3 Likes