some news

[SIZE=6]Indian child dies from mother’s ‘snake bite’ breast milk[/SIZE]
FRIDAY MAY 25 2018
India is home to some 300 snake species and 60 are highly venomous. PHOTO | NATION MEDIA GROUP
More by this Author
An Indian woman who was bitten by a snake in her sleep and unknowingly breastfed poisoned milk to her daughter has died along with the child, police said Friday.
The 35-year-old woman from Uttar Pradesh state did not realise she had been bitten when she woke and breastfed her daughter.
The three-year-old girl and the mother fell ill on Thursday and both died before they could reach hospital, police inspector Vijay Singh said.
The family spotted the snake in another room but the creature escaped.
A post-mortem is to be carried out but police have registered a case of accidental death, the officer added.
India is home to some 300 snake species and 60 are highly venomous, including the Indian cobra, krait, Russell’s viper and saw-scaled viper.
India accounts for 46,000 of the 100,000 snakebite deaths around the world each year, according to a 2011 study by the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene.

OK… This should be on 1000 ways to die.

there was a cow that was bitten somewhere in the Rift Valley and the milk was used by the family which led to their hospitalization. Let me search for that clip

there are 1,0000,0000 my Fren. wonder who counted

My little understanding tells me that snakes are not poisonous…they are venomous. Now venom is only harmful when it enters the blood stream. In the digestive system, the venom is easily broken by the digestive juices. Poison isn’t.
Assuming the mothers milk laced with the venom and the baby ingested, the worst would be a bad case of tummy upset unless the baby had mouth and stomach ulcers …which a three year old has no business getting. Either they both got bitten or this is sensational reporting. My take

I agree. But if they were both bitten the infant would have died much earlier owing to tiny body weight, unless it was a dry bite.

Thats crazy! That means venom can also kill when ingested

thats why a mothter should check what she ingests i remember when my boy was almost weaning,the mother decided to have a glass of wine after the hiatus since the kid was to stop breast feeding,wrong move,mutoto ililala yake yote,aliamka nikama ametoka dunda the whole night.the mother swore she could smell alcohol on him in the morning,took him to the doctors just for verification and it was confirmed the baby breastfeeds what the mother eats/drinks


sema tu ukweli haikuwa glass moja:D:D:D:D:D

ok,haikua moja,:D:D:D siunajua tu wakenya…‘twende tuchape moja moja’…msee anarudi home four days, later mlevi chakari


It also depends na ilikua glass ya wine gani …[SIZE=1] wengine hata jim beam ni wine[/SIZE]

If a mother drinks alcohol, traces of it are in her breast milk and it can be transmitted to the baby if they suckle. I think this is the direction of the story in the article.

Good morning people, its a beautiful Saturday morning. Let’s enjoy it.

OK daktari, do you care to send that piece of insightful information to the good people of Uttar Pradesh?