shithole nigeria overan by boko haram terrorists

Destabilize them first,then take fuel

Boss,remember there was money to be paid for each fallen soldier by the AMISOM.It is a business,there is no way those in charge of the El Adde camp didn’t have the intel.
Talk to those who returned from Somalia and quit.They do tell sad stories.

These guys have tanks Banae… but stolen from Nigerian Army

Boko Haram have the support of the locals in the area which they operate na hapo ndio shida iko. Even their president came up with a stupid amnesty program where former boko haram guys are retrained…knowing Africans it could be a way to steal money.

They knew they were coming, and they put the camp on alert. What they never anticipated was the big numbers supported by VBIEDs. When that car bomb went off, it altered the game plan.
When fighting unconventional war with ragtag militias, they are bound to surprise you once in a while. So you stating that KDF is incompetent is not right. Let me point out major armies that have been outshined by insurgents at some point:
•Egypt army insurgency war in the Sinai Peninsula (army outposts always attacked)
•Saudi Arabia by the Houthis (whole Saudi battalion taken POW)
•South Africa in DR Congo (peace keeping)
•Israel by Hamas(soldier kidnapped leading to Lebanon war)
•US Army by Taliban (continuous insurgency hits from 2001)
Respect to the army, they may not be perfect but their sacrifice to the nation cannot be overlooked.

mt elgon rebels were crushed by kdf very fast, you can’t have rebel groups within your country. hata U.S.,Taliban is not within their country boundaries

Watch the video very well, maybe the top brass knew , watu walikuwa wamelala kwa hiyo camp, seems they didn’t have weapons even

Guys , …
There is always a lot more than meets the Eye …

Conflicts are multi-dimensional affairs with complex components …

Strategic , Political , Economic , Religious and Cultural elements interwoven that can really complicate a search for quick solutions …

Just one month of Operation Linda Inchi should have wiped out Al Shabaab …

We were a stone’s throw from taking Mogadishu when we came under sudden intense Regional and International pressure to stop the Offensive.

Ask yourself … WHY …??? :smiley: :smiley:

War is not just about military assets. When your opponent is prepared to dig in for the long haul and employ guerilla warefare tactics while at it, it can be very difficult to win. That’s how Americans lost Vietnam war…probably how we won our war for independence with the British. You hit-and-run and melt into the crowd or jungle…do that for a few years your enemy atachoka ajitoe.

Na Kulbiyo je?

The attacking style was not new, Burundi and Uganda had been hit the same way months before

You miss my point…am not excusing them, however, am not in agreement that its a useless outfit that can easily be over run.

Our brothers walipata kivumbi pale Somalia, our officers wamepata kivumbi na pokots severally…its not to mean they are ill trained, sometimes the cards just dont favor you.

nigeria is the most corrupt country

true, when it happens within the boundaries it just shows a serious lack of control, the insurgents need supplies - most likely they have high level support within, or the government is just beyond help.

El Adde is different for the reasons I pointed out above but I will repeat some of them.

1. They had apparently been told the attack was coming. Yet from the video I saw, they were not ready at all. In fact it appears they were all sleeping at 5 am in the morning.

2. The Somalia army outpost nearby had evacuated. The people living in El Adde had left their homes in anticipation of a battle. So if KDF did not know an attack was coming, then it was a major failure of intelligence.

3. The camp was not prepared for a VBIED attack even though only a few months earlier, Burundi and Uganda soldiers had been attacked with a VBIED

4. The camp was very poorly situated in an area that is very difficult to defend.

5. Clearly there were no soldiers on patrol or any sentries or even guard dogs because KDF were caught completely unawares.

6. How do you not see a huge column of soldiers on foot, trucks and armored cars approaching your camp.

7. How come it took 6 hours for aerial support to arrive?

These are colossal mistakes borne of incompetence. I would go as far as saying that if KDF are incapable, they should not have forward operating bases in Somalia. Just bring the soldiers back and let them guard Boni foreast. Never send them to Somalia again

Now explain to me how any of those examples you gave are proof of incompetence.