Real estate

Other than building low cost housing units for rent, how else could you make money in real estate?

REIT

Low entry barrier
Less stress
Competitive returns

Huku sio majuu. There are very few REITs in KE. Isipokuwa ile Fahari which other listed REIT do you know??

Sema kimenyi, ameuliza na nikamjibu.

Stanlib
ICEA

Endelea na list. How many others ghasia?? Na hiyo Stanlib ndio Fahari

Sawa Kimenyi.

Kirimu

Target the low income earners areas and build multiple mabati houses. Kama zile ambapo akina @uwesmake na @digi huwa wanakaa

property management, take 8-10% of the rent

Hapa ndio kuna ROI mzuri, Low input High returns. Then you reinvest the rental income to diversify and the cycle continues.

Exactly

Some people rent out their apartments monthly and get a small but stable income. But it seems that this is not a good way to earn money because to recoup the cost of the apartment, you need more than 10 years. Moreover, you have to constantly fix the breakdowns in the house. I make my money from building houses. Whenever I am going to build a new house, I always check the cost of construction here boutiquehomeplans.com, and for a good reason. Knowing how much money I will spend, I can calculate how long it takes to pay off.

I’ll tell you what worked for me. The essence of this method of making money is to find and buy back at a great discount whose owners have brought them to a critical condition, or housing that has survived a fire and other emergencies. Having invested in the repair of such real estate, it can later be sold at a very decent markup. On any emerging issues of purchase and sale of such real estate, you can consult with a real estate attorney. There are enough ways to make money on real estate, but this is one of the most effective.

You know, there are tons of ways to make money in real estate besides just building low-cost housing units for rent. One approach that’s pretty popular is flipping houses. Basically, you buy a place that needs some work, fix it up, and then sell it for a profit. It can be a bit of a gamble, but if you’ve got a good eye for potential, it can really pay off.

Another great option is vacation rentals. If you buy a property in a tourist hotspot, you can rent it out on sites like Airbnb and make a nice income, especially during peak travel seasons. It’s a bit more hands-on, but the returns can be worth it.

Commercial real estate is another route. Think office buildings, retail spaces, or warehouses. These usually come with long-term leases, which means steady income. Plus, businesses tend to take good care of the properties because they have a reputation to uphold.

If you prefer something more passive, look into real estate investment trusts (REITs). These let you invest in real estate without having to deal with the day-to-day management. You just earn dividends, and it’s pretty low-maintenance.

Lastly, if you don’t want to own properties yourself, you can manage them for other investors. Property management can be quite profitable, and you don’t have to deal with the risks of ownership.