Omosh and alcoholism

pombe unakunywa na heshma, we have been drinking for the last 12 years, when on leave i drink daily bila kusumbua and go for a month bila pombe

Alcohol is the worst of drugs. It’s social pressure ndio hufanya nikunywe na naona heri hiyo ‘fun’ ikae than feeling like sh. it the following day hata huezi enda job.

Bro you are accusing me of being addicted to the internet?

elder,
how have you done it? what have you replaced the habit with?

Its a generalization.:D:D:D…but aren’t we all in some form or another?

Anything you let to control you,will always be detrimental to your life. Ukiacha bibi akukalie,watoto,boss,majirani,pombe…hauendi popote

Addiction is so bad wadau. For me I have been a victim, it is a lifelong battle especially when there is an underlying issue like family related issue. I started drinking Alcohol when I was in form 1, at first it was a social drink but later in campus ilinipeleka mbio. I managed to get a pass and graduated successfully, I am working in an hospital. So far I have known my limit. I try as much to avoid the hard stuff, Omosh has some understanding issue only that he cannot control now

True dat. Hizo zingine unaezacontrol, tafash ni hapo kwa bibi. This a living calculating creature. Seems like a full time job fencing with these creatures

People aren’t addicted to anything on the surface, We are addicted to escapism.

Alcohol is escapism? Gaming? Sex? What are you running from? Say thrill. Problem is folks cant curb their enthusiasm once at the threshold…we over indulge to a point of dependancy,add money to that equation and voila ,an addict is born

Yes it is, especially video games… they offer a near life simulation where it’s possible to exercise pent up passions with zero consequences.

Booze dulls your capacity for visualizing the demerits of your choices, it’s all the same thing… We wish to be mischievous but not to be held accountable for that.

Sex nayo ni vile vile, the hunt of new pussy makes you feel like OJ in his white bronco but post nut clarity is the tip that is consequences.

So,how do you explain a person who’s not exposed to the above,over indulging?
Sex addicts for example,its never about new genitals but any genitals. Same with alcohol,my uncle had all the women a man can ask for,money from here to next galaxy but come between him and his whisky ,its curtains for you. He was an alcoholic,what wrong choices did he possibly partake albeit being mischevious while at it?. He’s sober now

Dude you’re arguing my point for me, when you say its not about a particular set of genitals and/or a particular booze then the only constant is the abuser.

The thirst that drives one after the yoni and/or liquor offer him/her a form of temporary reprieve from his/her normal class as assigned by society.

It’s an experiment on consciousness, only the curious are interested in experiments.

Theres addiction and then there’s abuse,that being your point,you are denying addiction. Im talking about getting a fix hence ANY substance,genitals or action will do

I have a goal, I used to spend 5k on lanyes every weekend that’s 20k a month … Now I’ve a gym membership courtesy of that 20k plus nalipia subscription ya Showmax , so on weekends siendi bar kule nitakua tempted kukamua lanye nikiwatch ball.

Don’t you have to abuse something in order to get addicted to it

Not really,i bet you have misused alcohol in one way or the other,sneaked to have a glass or two…thats abuse. Addiction is when you cant do without it…take sex for example…too many partners thats abuse,looking to get sex anytime,anywhere with anyone(gender) coz you’re horny 24-7,thats addiction

wadau,
I have been a victim of alcoholism. Had to go to rehab for 90 days, stayed a month sober, then hit the bottle-750ml-of some dirty isht everyday for a month. Woke up one day and decided that life wasn’t for me and quit cold turkey. Alcoholism is a very hard disease because you waste away knowing it but you just can’t stop. People are different. There are people who drink for a lifetime and they are not addicts. Then there are people like me who start out with a beer or 2 on weekends and maintain that or increase a bit for over 10 years; then, boom! some major stress comes your way and it blows you out of the water and the only way to escape is to stay high. I am lucky I have a wife, 2 kids, and a home that I didn’t lose during my active alcoholism years. However, with deep phases of alcohol, rehab is recommended. Then there is the 12 step program which an alcoholic can work out. Alafu you keep yourself busy and do the things you love.
The only thing that never goes is the cravings from time to time. I always look at or remind myself of my kids and how I want them to grow up. It helps me make the decision not to touch that bottle. I realized my elder one - a daughter, 4yrs - would realize when I was drunk and would not want to come near me. At one time she told her mother ‘ninunulie daddy mwingine’ when I was as high as a kite. I have been taking one day at a time. It is hard, but it has to be done.
So, let’s not joke about it for only the wearer of the shoe knows where it hurts. Nonetheless, quitting is a personal decision. You either are or you ain’t.

I also think alcoholism depends on the type of drinks you take. Beer has low alcohol content. Spirits ziko juu. I find that alcoholics gravitate towards spirits and not beer.

I personally believe the best approach is to drink beer and avoid spirits at all costs. The day you shift from beer to spirits, that’s when you sign up to be an alcoholic.

that’s very true. Another thing, keep off cheap liquor and cheap bars a.k.a locals. The cheap neighorbourhood bars where one can drink on credit have ruined so many people. The reason I can’t engage in alcohol business