Next Midranger

This one…
Or LG V35, V40…
Or Huawei Mate 9, Mate 10, Mate 10 Pro.

The 9 Pro has NFC and a faster charging, which would be a plus for many… Not to mention a bigger camera sensor but I’m skeptical hapa.

I agree. Just confirmed. Either way both are in his price range. They are great bang for buck at this price range

I will give my recommendation later today after the OnePlus Nord is launched. I know the phone will be like 40K but it will shape the market in the next 6 months because it’s primary market is India.

India has been a hot bed for phone competition. Last year @Jimit’s preferred brand Samsung won the spoils through it’s galaxy M and A devices

The year before it was RealMe and Xiaomi. Sasa One plus is yearning for a bite with devices that are priced close to Xiaomi and Samsung Midrangers.

Kwa hivyo wacha tungoje OnePlus Nord ilaunchiwe in a few hours alafu nitawapa msimamo wa the nyamgondho

But how long will it take to get here unless he imports.
Either it’s a good phone. I wonder why they didn’t go with dimensity 1000L processor as previously planned. Hiyo kitu no Mambo bad. It even beats snapdragon 855

Phones like Xiaomi, Realme and Samsung MUST respond to the Oneplus phone. Hakuna shortcut. This phone is being launched in India where these companies mint billions. In 2 weeks new devices will be in the pipeline and in 3 months better devices will be out there.

Nowadays mtu hukaa na simu like 3 years so afadhali kungoja 4 months upate kitu poa kuliko kununua a weak phone expensively only for better devices to be launched in a few weeks at a cheaper price.

I’m waiting to see how the Nord will be priced, and the devices that will follow to compete with it from Xiaomi. I want to upgrade by mid September.

Not less than $400. Kwanza all devices with snapdragon 765G hakuna chini ya $450. Some even going to $600+ akina LG velvet.
In all honesty if it is priced at $450 and above, afadhali uchukuwe OnePlus 7t

would have suggested Mi 9T but it is out of offer has been 24,999/- on jumia for the last two months. 27k your best option is redmi note 9s the only AMOLED devices at that range are samsung M series with exynos, you will have to make a sacrifice on one of the features

They say it’s midrange but still the price is high, maybe because of the 5G modem on the chip. But Xiaomi Mi 10 lite bei si mbaya vile. Though sijui kama imeingia Kenya.

Very good timing for upgrading push that to November na uko sawa

OLED will be a mainstay for $300 phones apart from those with a superior chipset. AMOLED for 25K will not be just a samsung thingy. Xiaomi has used AMOLED for 20k phones like the Android one devices (Mi A3).
Second there are different qualities of OLED and some of the AMOLED screens are even inferior to LCDs in terms of colour accuracy. Those AMOLEDs you find in 40K phones are inferior to Apple’s retina LCDs. Only benefit is that these AMOLEDS still achieve true black levels.

It’s midrange coz its the center of $1200 and $50 phones. But $600 is upper midrange. Phones priced between $150 and $300 are really in the lower midrange. Those below that are budget devices.

True Mid-range is between $300 and $450.

But Kenyan’s consider anything above 30K to be flagship kwa sababu ya msoto. Watu wengi wanatumia hizi Redmi devices wamewahi tumia Kabambe at one point or another. And not out of choice.

Wazi I will opt for mate 10.

Yeah, good one, but it’s really tough getting one at a good price. Perhaps at Avechi. Why not consider the Galaxy Note 9? The Note 9 is readily available brand new, locally and on AliExpress.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/192361401430

[ATTACH=full]315256[/ATTACH]

OnePlus Nord launch confirmed

For 400 Euros, ikifika Kenya priced 45k, ni afadhali to add 5-7k and get OnePlus 7T. I have used 7T and it’s awesome. But remember, OnePlus VoLTE never works in Kenya, no matter what tweaks you use (at least in my case).

Brand new locally? Not possible. These are refurbs my friend. Its a whole 2 generations behind. How can it be new?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgdsVyS224k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svf1lEUUCzU

Price 399 Euros, 379 Pounds.
Converted to KSh… 49,455.69. Na taxes bado. We’ll see.

In all honesty 5g na 765g processor is not reason enough. Unless ni brand loyalty