New C63 AMG

Strategic error by Mercedes removing a V8 and replacing it with a 4 cylinder chieth. Sasa hapa exhaust sound kwanza ni zero.

1 Like

Ujinga ya hizi ujinga za ESG na DEI wanaambiwa wafuate yet a company to be successful it needs to meet customer demands si corporate ovelords kama Blackrock wishes. Hata unaona Yuess EVs zimejaa dealerships watu hawazitaki.

3 Likes

Bring back the V8

3 Likes

All they need is to price it competitively and sell the badge in Africa

4 Likes

Bila hio rev yake wacha ikae

1 Like

Fuck climate change BS. Wanafaa watafute technology ya kutrap carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gasses.

2 Likes

Exhaust sound is actually doctored. They are designed to make specific sounds.
But what’s the other advantage of a V8 vs 4 cylinder twin turbo?

You will never doctor a 4 cylinder to sound like a v8 not unless the sound is 100% fake and pumped through the speakers.

4 cylinder twin turbo produces more turbulence in the exhaust.
Vehicle Enthusiasts doctor these car sounds all the time , using exhaust systems.

Seems like you are an expert on this down to technical details, sijui that deep. Can the new c63 sound as good as the 4 litre v8 and other previous engines? 4 cylinder mi najua inasound fity pekee yake ni za boxer Subaru.

I am a car enthusiast. Owned quite a few. Kenya is a small car hobby market. But one thing I will tell you, on stock cars with a higher end price tag, manufacturers design the car sound. They want it to sound a certain way, they design it so. In fact including how the door sounds as you close it.
So now on engine sounds, a V4 will sound louder because they have to use large injectors. Exhaust sounds just goes how they want.
4 cylinder vs v8, I am like you, I will always take the 8 ( non-turbo).

I do know exhaust systems form the major part of the sound and they can definitely be engineered. You could get close but you can’t fake cylinder count and displacement. Show me a single instance where a 4 cylinder was made to sound like a v8.

Maybe they don’t want them to sound the same.

Iko tayari. Inaitwa Bamboo trees.