Luo elders demand proper burial for CDF Ogolla. Another LUO KDF family asks government to provide funds to feed mourners

Elders hawafurahii nyama ilitolewa kwa mdomo

Luo elders to hold second burial ceremony for General Ogolla

A section of Luo elders now want to perform post-burial cultural rites for the late CDF General Francis Ogolla.

According to the elders, the late Ogolla was a hero who deserved both the military and traditional send-off.

Speaking to The Nairobian, the vice chairman of the Luo Council of Elders Mzee James Ayaga, who led the elders and local political leaders, said there was a need to perform this exercise.

“We know that the late Ogolla died while serving this country and because he comes from a community that has its ways of recognising its heroes, we will conduct some burial rites,” said Mzee Ayaga.

The late Ogolla was buried on Sunday, 72 hours after he died in a plane crash, according to his will - a ceremony that defied the Luo cultural beliefs.

According to Mzee Ayaga, the military went against the Luo traditions by bringing the body home and burying it the same day.

“When a Luo dies, the body should be handed over to the family. This did not happen in General Ogolla’s case. The military took over everything,” he said.

The elder said the body should have been brought home for an overnight stay before burial the following day.

Family of soldier killed in KDF chopper crash seeks funds for burial

The family of Sergeant Cliphonce Omondi said that Kenya Defence Forces do not communicate with them directly They pleaded with well-wishers including the national and county governments to help them with resources to bury their son The family also called the government to hasten the investigation process so that the case can be brought to a closure Read more: Siaya: Family of KDF Officer Who Died in Helicopter Crash Appeals for Help to Bury Him - Tuko.co.ke

JAruo na kumaliza zizi ya mwenda zake banae

4 Likes

Wakufe wao wenyewe ndio wazikwe properly

2 Likes

The general preferred to stay modest and keep costs low for burial then some suckers wanatokea wanting to take advantage of his demise

3 Likes

My wish is that I be buried like a stray dog on the same day I die to save bonobos from extended grief and unnecessary expenses. However, I am also realistic and understand that once you die, you have no control over how bonobos handle your remains. They can even decide to keep you in the morgue for months na hakuna kitu utafanya.

6 Likes

Ni njaa yawasumbua. They want to eat and exhaust everything General left behind including his mountain wife.

6 Likes

Times are changing. People should learn to respect other peoples wishes.
If my time comes and i hope my wishes will be respected.

Ukiona unataka kulamba chini, for example out of sickness unalipa daktari akudunge morphine kisha utravel to the far land kama zoomali and jump into the ocean

1 Like

Hawa tu ni nyama ya ngombe wanataka kuchinjiwa si kitu ingine. Watu wa ocha hua wajinga hivyo ati mtu alizikwa na hatukupewa mchere na nyama

2 Likes

You are an IDIOT! They should be allowed to follow their customs and traditions regarding burials, otherwise the burial will remain incomplete and the family/clan wont get closure. Hata huko in your village Mau forest people follow well known burial procedures and deviating from the norm is not acceptable.

2 Likes

Si kupenda kwa @sani amekua mjinga sana but naelewa pale anatoka. Alipigia Jambass kura sasa ameshaftiwa kama mbrrrrkenge ndio ako na mauchungu hivyo.

2 Likes

effects za hiyo morphine hazitakuwa zimeisha by the time unafika huko kwa ocean from katelembũ, jinga hii? :green_emoji: :green_emoji:

2 Likes

@mkurugenzi @Some_Say

Look here old men,

Go back to your bushy village and peacefully wait for your final rest,

The winds no longer blow to the East, it blows to the West,

Yes, you were wise in matters of the ancestral spirits,

But we, the young men of nowadays, are wiser in matters of wines and spirits!

You bald old men,

You were wise in matters of the oracle and grim reaper,

But things have changed and we can no longer continue to do your will,

You denied it but the rivers have started running uphill!

Old men,

You said we should observe those stupid taboos,

Well, we are telling you in your face that we are not baboons,

You said we do not know when the rains started beating us,

But it is you who does not know when the winds started changing directions!

2 Likes

Kujia kamisi na biker ya pink mkuu naona unacatch siku hizi ama unitumie addresss nitume na copia

1 Like

tulia, io ni post yangu hapa kwa kijiji ya 2018

1 Like

Wewe ni mnoma kama unakumbuka post zako. Mimi na post na sahau kile niliandika juu ni trash talk mimi hukuja kufanya hapa

1 Like

Why morphine when a good dose of adrenaline itakupeh cardiac arrest mara io io

1 Like

Morphine ni ya kupata nguvu ya kwenda nikakufie kwenye sitaonekana fools wasipate chance ya kunizika .
We aren’t talking about suicide but dying at a place we’re no one will access the body

Tens of men die daily in those counties. Are they ensuring they are buried according to customs? Those old men are idiotic busy bodies.

Wanadai kukula hiyo pesa by force by fire