Life Abroad Is Not Always A Bed Of Roses For Ever...

Life is what you make it. That is regardless if where you are. After resettling here about 5 years back I quickly realize that life here is a gamble much more or less like the states. Unaeza omoka ama ukwame. And my peers who never left, they’re in the same predicament. By the way, the only difference I’ve noted is guys in business. If you’re doing in business in kenya, and doing it well, you’ll generally come out okay. If you’re in employment, the odds are not in your favour. The anecdote of the guy you left behind who’s now CEO is actually very rare. Most guys really just burn out or leave at middle management.

Rusheni mawe

1 Like

[B]Libby Brooks[/B] Scotland correspondent
Tue 25 Aug 2020 11.21 EDT

A woman who was living in “extreme poverty” and relying on charities and friends to buy food has been found dead next to her crying baby in a flat on the Southside of Glasgow.

The woman has been named as Mercy Baguma, 34, from Uganda, by the charity Positive Action in Housing who reported that her one-year-old son was suffering from malnutrition and required hospital treatment. It is believed that he has since been released into the care of his father, who also lives in Glasgow.

[ATTACH=full]321133[/ATTACH]

A Police Scotland spokesperson said they had received a report of the sudden death at about 11.30am on Saturday 22 August. “The death is currently being treated as unexplained, but not suspicious. A report will be submitted to the procurator fiscal.”

It is understood Baguma had lost her job after her limited leave to remain expired and had been relying on donations of food from friends and charitable organisations.

Another charity, African Challenge Scotland, shared a fundraising page for funeral costs, which has already raised more than £6,000 and described Baguma as “an amazing mother, sister, best friend, friend loved by all”.

It said: “Mercy was always positive and always put her family first, especially her son. Her smile made everyone so welcome and comfortable. Mercy had health problems [but] her death was sudden and unexpected.”

The charity tweeted out a video on Tuesday that it had taken of Baguma receiving a delivery of donated food in June, saying: “May her soul rest in peace.”

[MEDIA=twitter]1298280319385206784[/MEDIA]

Robina Qureshi, the director of Positive Action in Housing, said Baguma had been living “in extreme poverty” and had lately claimed asylum.

“Mercy contacted our charity on 11 August and said she was not getting any financial support yet and had made an application to Migrant Help. Had she lived she would have been a high priority for a crisis payment from our emergency relief fund like hundreds of others left functionally destitute by the asylum system.

“The question remains, why are mothers and babies being left to go hungry in this city, and why is it being left to charities and volunteers to pick up the pieces? The fact is there is no safety net if you are a refugee or migrant.”

Qureshi added: “This is the third tragedy to affect the city’s refugee population in as many months.” In early May, a Syrian refugee, Adnan Walid Elbi, was found dead in his room at the McLays Guest House, in Glasgow city centre. On 26 June, Badreddin Abadlla Adam, a Sudanese asylum seeker, was shot dead after stabbing six people including a police officer at the Park Inn hotel. They were two of hundreds of asylum seekers who were moved into hotels at the start of lockdown.

The Home Office said: “This is a tragic situation and our condolences go to Ms Baguma’s family. The Home Office takes the wellbeing of all those in the asylum system extremely seriously, and we will be conducting a full investigation into Ms Baguma’s case.”

Manze

We’ll spoken…manze that is reality here that scares me. Hujui ukae wapi, back home in Kenya security issues and Finances relatives duping you .You try businesses relatives and friends wanakutumia and wanakuiba sana .
May 2013 I had landed back home in Kenya. Tuseme kitu two weeks in N later got carjacked , attacked kwa gate at gunpoint na wakani- kidnapped kwa forest Lanet Dundoribfor few hours.But life home is amazing socially and i feel human when niko home like old times before nitoke.East west Home is still the best but hakuna pesa…and alot opportunities unless u do big business na ukue na connections .
Here like the writer pointed bills ! more going out than coming in. Marital issues alimony divorces, child support,daycare , loneliness and living a "black male in America’ with the racist police and white supremacists gun on your back!
This American dream…is still elusive only time will tell but a sad ending awaits !..A lonely death in nursing home far away from the communal love from extended family and friends like home.

[SIZE=7]Kisii rides on its sons and daughters in the diaspora[/SIZE]

They say that east or west, home is best. This old adage is best exemplified in Kisii County, at least when it comes to people working in foreign countries pushing up development in their native communities.
When President Uhuru Kenyatta toured Kisii in October, he observed that members of the Abagusii community are industrious and innovative.

[ATTACH=full]338937[/ATTACH]

The Head of State said that the enterprising skills exhibited by Abagusii had seen them spread all over Kenya and globally.
Kisii town has continued to grow economically despite the scarcity of land. The fast economic growth has made Kisii stand out as one of the few centers in the western region with a huge commercial potential after Kisumu and Eldoret.ret.
“I know how hardworking you are as a community. That is why many of your sons and daughters are spread out all over the country, and indeed, in the whole world. Kisii people who live in the diaspora always send something back home, and that is why we have a lot of money circulating here,” President Kenyatta said.
The President was right. Many sons and daughters of the Gusii community who live overseas have pumped millions of money into their homeland, making Kisii town one of the fastest-growing commercial centers in Nyanza.

[ATTACH=full]338938[/ATTACH]

Grow economically
Kisii town has continued to grow economically despite scarcity of land. The fast economic growth has made Kisii to stand out as one of the few centres in the western region with a huge commercial potential after Kisumu and Eldoret.
To underscore Kisii’s status as a fast-growing hub, the Central Bank of Kenya recently opened a cash reserve centre in the area to tap into the huge sums of money circulating in the region. Part of the cashflow includes remittances streaming in from the diaspora.
Ms Jessica Akeya hails from Nyacheki in Bobasi constituency of Kisii county but lives in the United States of America where she works in the healthcare sector.
Many Kisiis who work in the diaspora prefer healthcare services because of the huge compensation it offers in countries like America.
Ms Akeya has invested heavily in real estate. She also sends money to her mother and other relatives for upkeep.
Evans Onkwani, who lives in Minneapolis, Minnesota, hails from Nyaribari Chache. Mr Onkwani has constructed a magnificent residential home on the outskirts of Kisii town.
Until her death months ago, Mr Onkwani’s mother, who had been ailing for a long time, benefited heavily from the support he extended to her, paying off her medication, upkeep and other needs. He has also invested a considerable amount of money in putting up nice residential homes for his parents.
There are many success stories of Abagusii who live in the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand and the USA who have invested heavily in their community.

[ATTACH=full]338939[/ATTACH]

Conquered academic records
Besides their economic power, Abagusii are among the most ambitious groups in America who have conquered academic records in various States.
The Kisii have taken advantage of the liberal academic policies in the US and pursued higher education.
In many American states, academic achievers from Kisii present impressive credentials, with many of them having a minimum of Masters degrees. Many of them end up obtaining PhDs.
Dr Bernard Marasa, the Interim President of Kenya Diaspora Alliance-USA, told nation.africa that with proper policy guidelines, the government can attract massive deployment of financial investment in Kenya by Kenyans in the diaspora.
Speaking during the launch of Kenya Diaspora Alliance North America, Dr Marasa said that with proper policy guidelines, middlemen can be kept away from hijacking key investment sectors, such as the capital markets, where a number of Kenyans living overseas have shown interest in.
The Kisii CBK branch will not only help minimize theft of cash in transit but also reduce transport costs for banks in the region. The project signals growth in Kisii county.
There are indications that Kisii is a cash-rich area and the CBK center will mean bringing services closer home.
“It is all about devolving services to reach the targeted groups,” said President Kenyatta.
“Through this CBK center, banks will transport money at the close of business every day within minimum distance,” said CBK Governor Patrick Njoroge, who added that the office will serve Homa Bay, Nyamira, Bomet, Narok and Migori counties.
Kisii Governor James Ongwae welcomed the move, saying it reaffirms the strategic place of Kisii in Nyanza region.
“Kisii controls 60 percent of the money market in Nyanza region,” said Mr Ongwae.
It is hoped many sons and daughters from Gusii who live overseas will be attracted by the CBK center in Kisii to intensify their investment interests.
[email protected]

“So you stay until your autopsy is ready.”…Hardcore Sh*t

1 Like

Life Abroad Is Not Always A Bed Of Roses For Ever…

The same is also true at home country.
You can make it anyway and you can fail anywhere.
Trying to fit in with tge living standards of developed countries can be frustrating and fruitless.
Simple advice: enda mayuu uoshe wanyanye kwa nursing homes, flip burger, take three jobs (flipping burgers, warehousing, extractives) share living space with fellow peasants and save to the max.

After 5yrs max, rudi nyumbani jenga Plot 10 in county HQ (not Kanairo) and retire na usiambie watu kazi ulifanya only cool hekayas.

STAY IN KENYA IF U R DOING WELL

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0pKRB1fbrg:5

Interesting read @Mangele
but you’re spoiling your own thread by copy pasting every article you come across online.
Just one piece is enough.

Wananchi wanaumia kule diaspora

1 Like

I rescind this statement, it’s not worth it to hang on to a shithole banana republic country for the sake of having a bunch of family and friends who don’t even care about you that much and who would leave you here on their first chance… if you get an opportunity to leave this country, do, just be smart about, don’t go out there kama haujajipanga

[ATTACH=full]368728[/ATTACH]

Life Sucks…Thanks!

[ATTACH=full]368727[/ATTACH]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVQcX4QLX4E:302

This is for my fellow Africans

[B]Let me introduce myself

My name is Lashawn, I am an African American. [/B]

I want to address my fellow Africans from the motherland… I will number my issues with y’all

First, you say we block Americans don’t like you y’all, you might be correct. We don’t like you because y’all don’t like yourself you never speak good about each other, you’re always selling shit about your own brothers and sisters, how can we even trust you when y’all don’t even love each other.
I was married to an Africa man two times, the first time for papers the second time for love but his own African brothers and sisters threaten to call the immigration on us that we were married for papers.

[ATTACH=full]394186[/ATTACH]

Y’all are fools am not sorry to say that because I have lived with y’all and you don’t like to see your own folks succeed. Every time y’all see one of you succeeding you start looking for dirt. Where did he go to school is his certificate fake? How did he get money for business we have to find out.
When he opens a business and gives you a job you go in and set him up at the end when gets arrested for Medicare fraud y’all celebrate.
I tell y’all are evil, fake, dangerous full of shit.
Let me tell you something about us African Americans, we might not be as smart as you but we protect each other if you see one of us shot or kill is about drugs not selling each other.
Look at the Chinese do you know it takes one Chinese person to get s visa and that one visa is used for 100 people.
Do you know how many Indians are doctors but they have never been to medical school.
Do you know how many Filipino are nurses but have never been to nursing school?
Do you how many white people have fake degrees in this country.
Do you know your white boss might not even have a high school diploma?
Do you know how many people use one beauty license to run a Barbara shop?
Africans I think it’s high time someone let you know you are the only losers left on planet earth.
That is why when you nurses go to work, you are paid cheap yet they work you like slaves.
They don’t pay Indians, Asians, Filipino, African America as cheap as y’all but all you do is set your own folks up.
Have them fired?
I know where he bought his nursing license, how come he is a teacher, how come he has a business., how did he get papers.
The only smart Africans are Ethiopians. They don’t sell each other if they do it’s amongst them but you will never find out if you are not one of them.
Wake up looser every one in America has something fake going on with them.
Am happy to be here as a slave than being one of you heaters

1 Like

and is this a Nigerian or a Kenyan

Why is that important…or, what’s your point in the conversation?

Kenya talk

??? :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice read. I was looking for this article the other day

A married woman has been left in pain after being abandoned in Nigeria with kids by her husband The man had returned to Nigeria with his family on the guise of a holiday only to return to their base in Spain with their documents for travelling The teary wife, while lamenting about her husband’s surprising action, blamed his elder sister for it…

[ATTACH=full]425650[/ATTACH]
A man has left his wife and kids stuck after bringing them to Nigeria, abandoning them, and heading back abroad with their travel documents.
According to the woman, her husband brought the family back home disguised as a vacation only to sneak out and return to Spain.
Some of the netizens who read the story condemned the act, while others argued that the man must have been tired of his wife.

In a video shared on TikTok by @favouritenews, his wife tearily expressed shock at her husband’s action, suggesting that she had no prior knowledge that they’d be abandoned. Making her case on her knees in the clip, the woman blamed Chinedu’s elder sister for spiritually manipulating him.

Mixed reactions trail the story:

Khadijat Ifelewa Oritoke: “Maybe the woman was trying to implicate him over there and the man did not want to ruin his carrier. I love the man’s smartness.”

Famous Freedom: “Well, I stopped taking one-sided stories a long time ago. Any little thing we start blaming others and village people. Sometimes, we as individuals should check ourselves if we are on the right track. The only thing I don’t like here is him bringing them to Nigeria, he should have taken them somewhere else to make corrections.”

Goldenheart1999: “My advice to all of you; don’t love, be blind at the same time, and don’t trust anybody. I was the one that kept the documents when we visited home.”

Barbara Williams: “Those of you saying she should go to the country’s embassy should remember they will ask her to come with her husband or else no way for the kids.”