Leteni reviews ya peugot 504

As a weekend beater with a carburateur, hii kitu ni easy kumaintain?

It will mostly be confined to rural roads with lots of hills.

It’s very thirsty. Hope iko mech mzuri in the vicinity

2 Likes

Kwanza na hii mvua Carburetor ikikunywa maji wewe kwisha.

Are they still around? There was a time they were the real thing.

My Opinion …

The Best Peugeot ever made was the simple Peugeot 205 GTI 1.6 Petrol

There were hotter High Power Turbo Ralley Versions , but this one was my favorite …

Pity that it was discontinued…:disappointed:

2 Likes

Renault is soon coming with a good copy , the Renault Electric later this year …:joy:

Unaweza hit and run your enemy bila evidence ya dent Kwa bonnet.

1 Like

Older gen toyotas will work with criteria yako better.

Will require a lot of maintenance

The 504 is a great workhorse if you have a gopd mechanic and fuel money is not an issue, if it’s making some money for you.
How would water get into the carburetor, unless the water is in the fuel itself, or the fuel tank has an opening? Si kawaida, that means the whole line needs to be checked, all the way from the tank cap to the filter to the carb.
Luckily, all you need to do is drain all the fuel into a clear container, pour out the water, and drain the filter as well, and return the fuel. Just a few drops of water in the fuel will cause the engine to stall and keep you scratching your head esp. if the engine is cold. It will seem like everything’s Ok–you have fuel, the starter turns, but the bastard just won’t fire up! I know that frustration.

1 Like

I think you mean the distributor cap.Hio husumbua sana wakati wa mvua na hard start,loss of power na backfires.Solution ni kureplace na magneto.

Iwekelee engine ya Beams 2000.

2 Likes

I am hoping OP anataka gari ya kutesa occasionally coz there is no way utaendesha hio 504 as a daily driver. Assuming he gets past the legendary rust issues and door problems, bushes za hii gari zitakusumbua sana halafu head gaskets zimekungoja hapo mbele.
That said, I think Kenyans underestimate the importance of buying a nice car that is why they go for rust buckets.

I’d rather buy a w202 Benz or a humble Toyota nyoka and be stress free

1 Like

Kweli kabisa. You can buy any car but what matters most is the purpose you want to use it for. Kuna gari unanunua just to decorate your drive kama hio 504, X6 na kadhalika then kuna hio nyoka unanunua to drive until the wheels come off.

That nyoka is my daily driver btw a beauty of a car naipenda Sana. It goes places hata my sister’s Benz can’t reach. I receive offers kila mahali but Sioni nikiiuza