Is radio still relevant

What is still keeping radio alive.
New phones don’t come with radio inbuilt

1 Like

Radio died long time ago.

2 Likes

For you urban millionaires it’s dead but huko ranches Patrick Qwako, Joshua Chepkwony and SK are raking it in from shagmondos vibaya Sana.

Tune in to any of these vernacular stations any day any time they are running a betting promotion. I think they just use it to run online gambling and adverts

8 Likes

Radio still works especially kwa old generations. Also some jobs ambazo uko field work radio ni muhimu for entertainment. Shida ziko bloated na betting themes.

4 Likes

Lasma tuskize Giddy na Ghost

1 Like

Bila patanisho siku haiendi

1 Like

It is still alive!

Music and comical presenters keep it going.

In the villages, hakuna mambo ya USB mixes, Sportify, na BoomPlay, Radio ndio mambo yote.

Radio is alive and doing very well …

It has weaned me from various screens , broadcasts , social media Apps and publications that are increasingly partisan , sinister and conflicted.

Try out Internet Radio Broadcast Apps like Radio Garden

I will be doing a presentation on it later …:blush::+1:

Hii programme yuniumiza kichwa. Sijui kwa nini.

Watu wa ocha kama rexxumbwa na uwesmakende

I miss when we’d hear new music on radio and you didn’t have to watch a music video to dig a song.
This awesome song doesn’t even have a music video but we all know it.

3 Likes

Actually amongest the mainstream media, radio is still king! Most people listen to radio more than you think.

1 Like

Radio is still alive and will remain so for many years to come. It’s mainstream TV that’s dying. There’s nothing entertaining on TV nowadays

One of those idiots has the most annoying, exaggerated laugh I’ve ever heard. I wonder if he laughs like that when talking to people in real life.

1 Like

in January, i was dropping my 8yrs old son to school in the morning . he was playing game on my fone, and i wanted to check on the weather forecast.
so, i turned the stereo on, and the boy was so excited about it, we made it to his school talking about it.

Hata hizo continuous playlists saa zingine hufika mahali, one gets saturated and needs to listen to programmed content, live conversational content… which is only conveniently found in radio ama podcast… Spice FM also do a good job for urban folks and vernacular for bunduz…

@PERDITION pitia hapa

1 Like

It’s still going strong amongst shagzmodoz and Matatu commuters. But yes, among the rich and upper middle class, radio is dead.

The problem for radio is that even those same shagzmodoz and commuters are still online in big numbers where advertisers can reach them much more cheaply. So despite radio still having numbers, advertisers still compare them to online platforms on price

Beautiful song, I still listen to the song to date.
I miss when we’d hear new music on radio and you didn’t have to watch a music video to dig a song.
This awesome song doesn’t even have a music video but we all know it.

Hauna kale ka kuweka hapo kwa bedside kusikiza Gatonye wa Mbugua na Kiengei?