immoral customs and traditions

One of the most sleazy customs I have read about is one found in ancient Babylonia, that of Sacred Prostitution.

Once in their life, each Babylonian woman had to offer herself for pay on the sacred grounds of the temple of Ishtar, the popular goddess of love and carnal pleasures. It was an especially dire obligation for unattractive women, as they sometimes had to wait years for the process to be complete and were not allowed to go home before.

The 5th century BCE historian Herodotus was the first to report this custom to European audiences:
[INDENT]The foulest Babylonian custom is that which compels every woman of the land to sit in the temple of Aphrodite and have intercourse with some stranger once in her life. Many women who are rich and proud and disdain to mingle with the rest, drive to the temple in covered carriages drawn by teams, and stand there with a great retinue of attendants.
But most sit down in the sacred plot of Aphrodite, with crowns of cord on their heads; there is a great multitude of women coming and going; passages marked by line run every way through the crowd, by which the men pass and make their choice.
Once a woman has taken her place there, she does not go away to her home before some stranger has cast money into her lap, and had intercourse with her outside the temple; but while he casts the money, he must say, “I invite you in the name of Mylitta” (that is the Assyrian name for Aphrodite).
It does not matter what sum the money is; the woman will never refuse, for that would be a sin, the money being by this act made sacred. So she follows the first man who casts it and rejects no one. After their intercourse, having discharged her sacred duty to the goddess, she goes away to her home; and thereafter there is no bribe however great that will get her.
So then the women that are fair and tall are soon free to depart, but the uncomely have long to wait because they cannot fulfil the law; for some of them remain for three years, or four.
Herodotus, Histories, 1.199 [/INDENT]

The temple of Ishtar is now known as “Sabina Joy”, “Modern Green” etc, and it has become a custom for some netizens of Kenyatalk to pay their respect to Aphrodite, the goddess of carnal pleasures, in the mentioned shrines. :D:D:D

What sleazy custom have you read about or know of?

So shit eating incestous Europeans have been talking shit about other cultures for millennia.
@Markymarc tuheshimiane

Naona kuna wamama kathaa hapa ktalk wangekuwa babylon hio ma miaka wangekaa hata decade moja before waende home. On a brighter note, how did they ensure manugu kama @uweschyeth hawajengi kambi huko

Culture is all subjective I guess. Kuna time @Nyarwath was narrating how it’s normal to abduct girls in their village to forcefully have sex with them well if you do that in a nomadic Somali village, you’ll propably get a dagger in your heart. To each their own I guess.

Someone told me that on the night before their wedding day, French couples hold a party with their family and friends. At some point in the night, the couple go hiding. The rest of the party go looking for them. When they finally manage to find the couple [they will be having sex, of course], they present the couple with food served in a used chamber pot. The person who told me this insisted that the chamber pot must be a used one. The couple eats from the chamber pot - and that is the highlight of the party.

Ndio kwa sababu mnakuanga na hamaki hivyo. Hampatagi ikus except kwa ndoa

Oh I get a lot of ikus just that I like to kiss a woman before I ferk her. The whole violence thing is not my cup of tea.

hhh