How long can u live with a failed liver

this guy must have really suffered from 2019 a failed liver .Then other organs failed he died 2 weeks ago a classmate

1 Like

He died too young.

The best thing is you can get half liver which can grow to normal size

I once wrote here how i lost a sister inlaw to fatty liver disease. She ailed for almost 2 years but was never properly diagnosed…they assumed it was normal fatigue and early symptoms of diabetes…fast forward October 2023 and she couldnt even stand without assistance…thats when a proper diagnosis was done…but it was too late…her liver was gone. And by Dec she was too weak but on 24th Dec she was allowed to go home and enjoy her last christmas with family then back to hospital on 27th to wait for her day…it was so sad considering that a proper diagnosis would have saved her.
I remember saying that those ones who get liver failure/ cirrhosis due to alcohol abuse have a higher chance of surviving since they get warning signs very early and can seek medical help…and quit alcohol and other chemical laden foods. I know a number of guys, former alcoholics, who have survived and are now leading proper lives away from alcohol. My sister inlaw never tasted alcohol so her symptoms were mild, slow but fatal. All other organs were ok upto the end.
This dude was very unlucky because his condition affected most other organs…very painful watching someone go this way.

1 Like

Acheni Pombe. Haina comeback

2 Likes

This is Sad… May His Soul Rest in Eternal Peace.

1 Like

Blood tests once a year is not a bad idea.

2 Likes

…I agree.

2 Likes