How Good Are Low-End Toyota and Nissan Sedans?

I’ve been looking to buy a car for a while now before baldness fully sets in. I’m thinking Teanas, Latios, Allions, Belta’s and Premios - all sedans for personal use.

My budget’s around Ksh 1m for a car made circa 2015. Which of these models (or similar), would you recommend and why?

1 Like

Good old Corolla 115

3 Likes

For that budget, you will only get a nissan. I don’t recommend sedans. Every man his own

Why and what do you recommend then? Crossovers? Those I’d go for but then I’d have to settle for jalopies from the 2000s at 1 mil.

1 Like

Teana should not be in that list cause its not low end. Stand guided. And for Christs sake why would you even consider a belta. Personally I love sedans na ningekua wewe ningebuy tu Toyota Crown. I love cars that are fun to drive, 6 cylinders kwenda mbele. You can thank me later.

A friend bought a Teana at 800K an year ago. I know it has a 2.5L engine but something about that price makes me lump it together with the Beltas. Quite a number on Jiji are only slightly higher than that. Anyhow, let’s not get hung up on semantics.

Also, I’d be punching above my weight by going for a Crown now. I want a car I can use daily in the city. Fun driving and impressing chiqs are only a bonus.

Well in that case, ningeendea premio moja safi cause I value reliability a lot.

3 Likes

Just go for Premio but I hate Premio and Fielders juu kila mjinga ako nayo

3 Likes

Standing out is not something I’m worried about right now. Labda niogope uwizi ya Toyodas.

1 Like

That’s a real point of concern

If you are balding ( I assume ageing) with a limited budget, shouldn’t you look for a vehicle that could be put to both personal and commercial use like a pickup or a van?

1 Like

Hyperbole, friend. It’s a receding hairline as I march fast towards my 30s. Also, I don’t have that much of an interest in operating a local business.

1 Like

Ongeza kitu kidogo ushike CRV wachana na hizo takataka umetaja hapo juu

Nionyeshe CR-V ya kutoka 2015 onwards at 1.5m?

1 Like

Almost impossible to get one but the older generation are even better. Hata ukipata 1st generation in good shape its a sure bet. Those things are built like a tank

4 Likes

I’d hesitate kununua gari mzee juu ya resale value. Tena at 28 nataka gari nitatumia for only a couple years halafu niuze nishike German machine.

2 Likes

900 to 1m utapata subaru outback moto sana ile ya kitambo . Just dont go for the 3600cc turbo

3 Likes

Honda fit.

2 Likes

A low end toyota is better than ALL nissans sans GTR/Patrol or a Patrol with a GTR drivetrain