How Do They Owe Tax If They're Not Making Profits

For Keroche, the excise duty, VAT, and PAYE are collected in behalf of KRA… For you, it depends on what you do because obligations differ…

Find out about VAT point of collection and point of impact. As a vendor of goods you become a KRA agent to collect VAT which you attach to price so bora umeuza you owe VAT

Sure if he is VAT registered

If you f.uck a hoe and don’t cum, can you leave without paying?

As much as you love to mention Raila, explain how it is relevant to the topic. :smiley:

Did Railas firm make payments? CBA/NiC got a legal relief. They were not involved in fraud.

Raila’s firm was evading taxes on Imported Ethanol. CBA/NIC got a relief because of state capture. Keroche’s case was a disagreement on what was taxable. KRA demanded taxes on this items that Keroche had not taxed. There was neither Fraud nor tax evasion. KRA has got fulltime employees working within Keroche premises: how did they miss this for all these years?

Let’s not get too ahead here. Tax is governed by law.
There’s nothing like disagreement on what is taxable. The law is very clear. Secondly, Keroche lost the case in court. I asked you if Railas firm paid penalties. I await your answer. CBA:NIC used a legal maneuver to get an exception. If you don’t like it, change the law. That’s why MPs are elected. Not to attend mchsngos. State capture or orders from martians doesn’t count.

If the law is VERY CLEAR, why has KRA lost cases in court?

Corruption. They were compromised.

Did they lose the Keroche Case?

But you said that the Law is VERY clear; which law? Tax laws are not as clear you claim

Just because you don’t understand accounting and tax laws doesn’t mean everybody else does not.
How can you collect tax without a law. How did they loose in court and then again in appeal. They didn’t loose to Jubilee. They lost in court. Twice. Kwani unafkiri PAYE rate depends on Margaret Gakuo Kenyattas moods. Tax laws are not clear only to you and Keroche.

One of the most abused terms is “The Law is Very Clear”… It is never clear and is always subject to lots of debate and rulings are always based on a balance of probability… Further there are so many factors that can make the law not effective… Political interference in Kenya is one of them… For Keroche politics is certainly a major factor…

They didn’t attach a political interference argument in court. It would have been irrelevant anyway since it didn’t show in their books.

Accounting is clear but the law is not that clear… At least it’s implementation depends on Margaret Gakuo and their ilk whenever it matters to them… How is this not clear to you?

Margaret’s argument wasn’t introduced as evidence though. Or show me where.

Enjoy yourself

Wakenya mna kashida ka kukataa kufikiria hivyo mnatafuta kitu cha kulaumu ndio mjiondolee mzigo wa kutumia akili. Hapa kuna biashara ambayo ilipatikana inakwepa kulipa ushuru. Wakaenda kortini kupinga makadilio ya KRA wakapoteza mpaka rufaa ndio wakaomba korti wakubaliwe wasikizane mkataba wa kulipa na KRA.
Siasa inakujia wapi?

I work with KRA fellows closely and I know that there is such a term as “politically exposed”… Go Figure…