horror stories I have heard about Mt Elgon operation survivors. pokot beware

What law did Matakowei break? Tuanzie hapo. Matakowei fashioned himself as a militia seeking cessation from Kenya. The law that thus faced him is that of treason. Again by fashioning himself as a militia he was walking into KDF territory and mandate, he had to be met by a force and formation equal to his formation in name and behavior. Don’t weep for Matakowei and his tribes mate who habored and enabled him. Many innocent Kikuyus died in the crackdown on mungiki and we all cheered maybe because we had all seen or fell victim to mungiki; Matakowei was far removed from our reality so we can afford to be sentimental

SLDF was a military bwana. The 2iC David Sichei was a former cop and they had other ex forces guys as well. They had thousands of fighters split into different units between Kenya and Uganda. Trainers, scouts, whatever passed for special forces in their ranks. Permanent bases in UG. Mortars, RPGs, GPMGs, landmines. Pokots just have rifles and arrows. Hell they even had a spiritual and political wing. The only thing SLDF lacked were AAA guns, armour, and aircraft, but they were a serious fighting force and that’s why the government response was so ruthless. You can’t set up a parallel administration with your own courts and taxation system na serikali ikuangalie tu. Only the state has monopoly of violence.

My point is, SLDF was a much harder nut to crack, and it only took the government a month to finish them. Pokots will get hammered senseless if parliament approves a KDF operation. Hii kujipiga kifua ati they know the terrain and are hardened fighters means nothing when they’re going up against the army.

Pokots are war hardened.

The military won’t win the WAR

another angle you should consider:

history says,when the colonialists settled in the white highlands,uganda had a province called eastern uganda.Menelik in ethiopia claimed his people go as far as lake viktoria and towards the indian ocean.The italians were trying to establish a colony,they recognised a cultural aspect of raiding among local communities and decided to give guns to communities in those area to keep the british busy and enable italians attack and gain territory.

the british decided eastern uganda should b transfered to kenya so effectively administer those tribes and ensure a buffer to white highlands.A general called Maud was tasked to demarcate a border btn menelik and kenya.another general who was tasked with kenya uganda sudan border did not finish his work hence the unclear kenya south sudan border,but to guarantee claim to ilemi triangle turkanas were armed and forts build to keep desanech and toposa out.

fast forward after independence,gok armed this communities to check on karamajong expansion into kenya on the ugandan border,toposa on south sudan border and desanech from ethiopia,on a smaller scale to check on the camel,samburu,some parts of isiolo and meru some elements are armed to check…

even though some business people n politicians r exploiting the situation,it is until the government is done sorting international borders and controling them,sorting water and pasture in those areas,disarming is not a viable option and the government knows.

so hakuna operation like ile ya mt elgon inaenda kufanywa.

1 Like

@sani I see you quickly deleted the comment about the old man :smiley: I think that sums up the whole story of cattle rustling over there. Everyone knows. Everyone is too scared to say it.

Leta hekaya

There are snakes hiding in the grass

A full military offensive against my people will yield nothing but a serious counter insurgency
against the perpetrators and I can swear pon’ my dead father grave … we rather all die than give up our way of life. Every man, child and woman will take arms with little regard to our own lives and existence but with the sole intend to kill or be killed. We will make Arror term a living nightmare, his sorry ass will regret why he dared dream.

You will all die

A guy told me that the military had a machine to detect anyone who ever held a gun. The young men would line up next to their truck and were screened one by one. I now realize its’s not actual screening, but they were using snitches to identify you. Once positively identified that you have held a gun in the past, you would be put aside for ‘advanced’ interrogation, or even killing.

Hata US navy can’t fight a group like pokot bandit,pokot land is very expansive na iko sawa kwa guerilla warfare. Kama KDF huko somalia hawatoki kwa camps zao due to fear na the land is flat, watawezana na kerio valley kweli?

And that amounts to how many of you? Against the Army? Acha wet dreams za kuona action movie mingi.

Cattle rustling and occasional ambushes with riffles and arrows won’t match the technology, weaponry and the training of the military. Besides they are surrounded by their ‘enemies’ so wakijaribu kuhepa kichapo inawangoja

Hii ni porojo na mnyambo, wewe kijana ya makochini utarudi mbio kwa suburbs

1 Like

Those are mere cattle rustlers.not an organized military outfit like the SLDF for instance. Ata gsu wakiwa serious wanaweza maliza hao.not those half hearted patrols

This people know their land terrain inside out,the millitary can’t stand a chance,the only way nikujenga camp and spent numerous years learning the terrain like the US in afghanistan.

Defeating them is easy but casualities will be the order of the day,hapa maybe they ambush them drone like system mpaka watii.

SLDF area of operation was small na kulikuwa na a lot of division in their rank, pokot land is vast na they are tough people

Boss KDF is 24000 strong. How many are we hapa east Pokot bila backup ya west n south. Get ur facts straight dude. Get em’ straight