Have you been here?

thanks

I did identify and it’s sad that 90% of them are on that list.

Just like the prodigal son, God is waiting for you to return to him. He shall give you a precious covering and organize a big celebration for you. You’ll also be in line to get inheritance as one of his sons.

You’ve said if all. My own personal experience.

I’m sorry, hang in there bro! May God grant you the desires of your heart.

Hang in there. Stick to your plan but be realistic(reasonable). Your first bet is to survive. In your IT field, theres something you can sell( in terms of a skill) to an employer. Have a peer critique your resume and edit accordingly. One guy who hired me told me I need to correct my resume way later while we were having coffee. Also talk to people, in church, in the bar, you never know who will guide you to an opportunity. Dont be scared to tell your relaz you lost your job. If they laugh, they laugh. By the way using youtube, you can learn a marketable skill. Lets say you are out 1 year, thats CPA1 and 2, as an example. Completely changes your outlook. And it doesnt hurt. So dont just sit in the house and booze all day.
Been fired many times. Its one thing to be fired when you are single and alone. The one that hurt when I was hosting my siz and her kids. She had just started school at my request and then I was fired offguard. And having just returned from vacation having spend a lot of money. Suddenly I had 5 mouths and no income. Wueh. Good thing I had saved up some cash. After massive depression for 1 week, I started looking for a job. It took a year although amazingly I got job offers in between.

Pole Sana brother. Just pray and be calm. Try to look out for anything that you can do to make a few coins. Don’t lose hope coz you have a great future ahead

Exact to the point.

My story is not that dire but hey, you may learn a thing or two.

I shared my tribulations I had way back in college here on KTalk. It gave me insight on how friends will abandon you at the hour of your greatest need. My friends graduated before me and all of them except one stood by me. I was still immature then. Upon realizing that I won’t get to them on subsequent calls, I made sure I SMS’d each of them that I’d never bother them again. It has been almost 20 years and I have stuck to my word.

Some four years back, a past acquaintance was hired. He happended to be a relative to the boss. Kumbe the f****r was snitch (Mungu anisamehe). By then I had risen to the position of departmental head. Wueh! Things started becoming elephant. Mara requisitions hazikuwi approved etc etc. I protested but my boss had already been poisoned. Niling’olewa na kuachwa bila any portfolio. My erstwhile friends started looking at me like a leper. That’s when I realized colleagues are not friends.

First thing I did was to apply for study leave, which was granted (It was impossible to be transferred so I had to find creative ways to go). Some of them tried to befriend me upon learning this new development. Feigned disinterest.

By then I had read up the 48 laws of power. I used this law:
[SIZE=5]Law 36: Disdain things you cannot have, ignoring them is the best revenge[/SIZE]
[I]Remember: You choose to let things bother you. You can just as easily choose not to notice the irritating offender, to consider the matter trivial and unworthy of your interest. That is the powerful move.

Desire often creates paradoxical effects: The more you want something, the more you chase after it, the more it eludes you. The more interest you show, the more you repel the object of your desire. This is because your interest is too strong— it makes people awkward, even fearful. Uncontrollable desire makes you seem weak, unworthy, pathetic.[/I]

Hate anything you cannot get, including your (former) friends.

I am way better now, working on my thesis while the same guys are having a rough time where I left them (the boss was transferred to another county).

You, sir, are the real MVP.

First things first, don’t take it hard on yourself. Next, be busy, learn something new, follow @administrator 's advice. Be flexible, do all that can get you paid, it keeps increasing with time. What you want to build on is your self assurance and confidence, you are still the same industrious MOFO that you were, only finances have dipped. Keep grinding, things will be fine elder.

Mad respect for U bro.I totally do.

Avoid drugs. Take a shower daily before 8, and dress well. Don’t give depression a chance. Go to Wakulima Market

from a salary of 104k to a bedsitter of 5500 that i was struggling to pay…i almost sunk into depression.
Am at least not bad so far.
DONT DESPAIR.
DONT SEEK PITY, NO ONE OWES YOU SHIT.
REDUCE EXPENSES TO THE LOWEST LEVEL.

I have one question,what do you think is the reason that when you get fired its always done behind your back or sth of the sort

Being fired really sucks,what were your reasons for being fired btw

Pole ndugu

[COLOR=rgb(40, 50, 78)]It’s reality, a poor man has no friends. Just ask that uncle all families ignore

Bait

I think it mostly happens when top management changes and the new guys in charge want to surround themselves with loyalists.But in my case the business was doing badly and they wanted cheap labour on contract as opposed to permanent and pensionable expensive labour.Can also happen if you are perceived as kichwa ngumu.I remember one question I was asked was ‘do you consider yourself someone who takes criticism positively?Do you always want your way with things or do you allow others to have their way as well?’.The fucker that was asking me these questions had been in the company for only 7 months.I told him my performance appraisal for the half year gave me a score of 95%,which factored his question in the matrix.That should have answered his question.
After i cornered him with that response akanijibu ‘unfortunately the business is not interested in that right now’.Himself he was fired four months later.

We had lost a contract. They decided to transition older “senior” crew to existing work. That was the story.