Divorce assets

Wadau i have in many cases stated that i had a previous failed marriage that made me regret that phase of life. Well i never finalized the divorce due to some mishaps. My major worry is how i can go about hiding my assets (lands, some buildings, and a couple of businesses) so that during finalization i dont lose my hard earned sweat. I intend to have us divide the rest of the assets that i cant obviously hide eg. The house, 2 cars and a few plots though painfully…
I ll take all advices and criticism positively…

You planning to take care of your kids after divorce ama you will treat them just like other people?

To help you, register those business entities under a limited company.

Register those assets under a limited company or in a close relative’s name like your mother (if you can trust her not to screw you over). Good luck with the divorce man.

You don’t need to go that far. Assets are divided according to the contribution of either party. This is either monetary or non monetary contributions. And onus to prove contribution is on the party demanding a share of the assets. So if you are the one who solely contributed in buying the cars and plots, you’re good. The home is considered matrimonial property so it will have to be shared.

why not protect yourself and eliminate the possibility of some of the property being divided?

And how would you do that? You can’t intentionally mislead a court and sign a false affidavit. If you’re caught, you’ll be charged with perjury.
And this thing of transferring the property to a company is just giving the government free money. You’ll end up pay capital gains tax and stamp duty on a transaction where there’s no money involved.

Evening made around here…:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Either that(you can reduce your tax obligations through legal tax evasion) or you give your wife half the properties. Chaguo ni lako.
What would pain you more, to see your taxes being eaten by Ruto or your wife using half your wealth to have nice times with young men?

I know its cold but ive not seen my daughter for over an year now but i have no qualms with that…i need to get my ground and my sweat first before i can fight to see my kid

i bought all the assets my self except for the finishing in the house but it was physical money no records. The issue i have is the split i really dont want to share anything because i worked my ass off while she was busy maintaining her self image

You really have nothing to worry about. Everything is registered in your name. So she’s the one to prove contribution. Unlike, child support where there’s discretion by the judge, division of assets is strictly provided for in statute. This 50% is a thing people see in movies and news in the US. FIDA petitioned for this to be implemented and it was thrown into the trash.

:D:Dgood luck with the divorce has made me smile too @Finest swine

Thanks

register a company and name your assets in that company . you will be safe

True

True…the lady has to prove contribution to whatever assets you got even the house unless you had it after marrying her or made any changes when you were married to her

Just take time to get proper legal advice. There could be more than meets the eye. Good luck man. Trust all will be well.

See a lawyer . I bet you the lady has already. She sees a free lifetime meal from your sweat and grit. And if for a second you think she will appreciate you for being “fair” , think again. Parasites never do that

See a good croocked lawyer will advice you all ropes. Most definitely, she is coming for money and it will be a legal battle. Run before she comes

mimi I already made my mind up, kikiumamana am transferring my assets to my elder sister and a small percentage to my mother… my sister is heavier than me financially so she can’t con me, no woman is taking my assets just because she has my kid, I wish you well brother in your divorce

This coming from him, Muchatha 2020 or Mimi humwaga is enuff to make my week. :smiley: They have a way with words or my brain over dramatizes their osungu mingi. You can tell he really meant it and wishes OP well…they call us old donkeys:D:D:D:D:D