COMPUTER SCIENCE DEGREE

Is it wise to drop an electrical engineering degree for a computer science one in Kenya

It’s a stupid idea. Maliza degree

umefika mwaka gani?.. kama imekuudhi wacha, rudi uanze tena… Sunken cost fallacy isikumalize. Your future is more important and is much bigger than your present problems. A comp science degree is very marketable, so is an Elec Eng. one…
Lakini pia wewe unafaa kukuwa na some level of interest in the stuff. Why are you dropping the Elec.Eng degree?.. what’s your vision for your future?

1 Like

Wee Kaa hapo tumejazana huku mbwa hii, gari imejaa

2 Likes

Ulikataaa kuniskumia gigz? My rates are lower than Indians :grimacing:

Why would you drop? You can finish electrical then add whatever you want.

1 Like

[quote=“mpendakazi, post:3, topic:492147”]
…ec.Eng degree?.. what’s your vision for your future?
[/quote]2nd year. When choosing electrical engineering I was a bit blindsided ju ya the engineering part and all but vile nimesikia watu wa EEE wanatarmac I thought tu why not switch to Comp Sci ju why work for 5 years for a degree which is hard asf na the only jobs available for EEE ni side za software engineering

Why do you say so

EEE imekuwa noma sekta ya kazi

Malizwa degree buana

Maliza degree, alafu ufanye MSc data science.

Advantage of electrical engineering utakua consultant alafu unalipisha corporates millions kusupervise projects. The fastest way to be a birrionaire

Consultant kitu gani. Atajipata anaeka wires Kwa conduits Kwa mijengo. Hizo ndio kazi ziko kama huna connections

an electrical engineer will do computer science stuff without cutting sweat, the vice verse is force.
electronics, telecommunication and IT were all derived from Electrical engineering.
when learning computer networking, the higher you go, the more you venture into electrical.
0=light off, 1=light on, 011011101001111… the basics of all circuit .
Ona tambo sasa. Elevator circuit, old school maneno, electrical engineering. Replace that with computer software and hardware, and you’re assured of it failing an upwards of 3 times a year.

1 Like