7 out of 10 richest people are computer programmers, why do people still study law and med?

Wrong, Bezos studied “electrical engineering and computer science” and his first job was at a fintech startup coding a trading software, check your sources again…

Obviously you would not expect a billionaire to still be writing code so both of them are now just executives in their various businesses, but all the people I listed (except Ballmer) started out as programmers

None of these guys has a chance of making even just $1B, most of them now own a minority stake in there companies so the company would have to be valued like $10B and above for them to get $1B , note that Safaricom is the only company in central and east Africa currently valued above that mark… guys are innovative, but the African markets are too weak to support genuine tech $Billionaires, would be glad if one surprised me and achieved that though

Those guys are not known for programming. They are known for their business acumen. They are entrepreneurs, not programmers.

But those bankers also passed through the same system. So in the end our society is a big failure.
The biggest problem is that we have never had any investment culture, we always steal to invest in ploti maguta maguta. Even the wazees who passed through the old system have zero vision when it comes to investing.

Bill gates started as a programmer. In his documentary he credits warren buffet as one of the ppl who taught him the business side.

Did they get seed money from local investors?
In the end I wish all of them success in becoming billionaires.

Because for one successful programmer, there are thousands more programmers who are paupers, unlike medics and lawyers. Programming is a hit or miss.

Dunia ya sahii ni ya sciences sio humanities
The next big tings
✓internet iwe kila sehemu robots zifanye kazi
✓wireless electricity kwa hewa kama internet
✓efficient storage of electricity, Elon mask is trying something
✓skateboarding Kwa hewa
Medicine, law, economics, statistics, maths,languages, history, zifunzwe watoto wakiwa wadogo.Kufeed watu ma theories
Vitu zinahitaji critical thinking zifunzwe baadaye

Utafunza watoto wadogo medicine, law, economics, statistics, advanced maths, engineering aje?

Masomo ni biashara. We waste time mob sana chuo tukisoma vitu hazina maana
By the time mtu anafikisha 15yrs, masomo zingine zinafaa kuwa basic
Yaani basic medicine, some basic engineering, basic law etc
Masomo ya kugain knowledge, sio kazi
Kuna shule zinafunza watoto wadogo philosophy, economics, etc after wajue kuongeza.
Wish zingekuwa hapa kenya

Basic medicine ni kama first aid labda, ambapo most schools teach it. Basic law ni civics ambapo most schools teach it. Basic economics ni business education ambapo most schools teach it. Basic engineering is probably covered in some aspects of physics which most schools teach and also industrial subjects like power mechanics and electrical engineering which a few schools teach.

You mentioned critical thinking, which is a general principle in most disciplines which rely on applied sciences. There is no medicine without critical thinking. Critical thinking is just situational analysis to make a judgement; vital for all applied sciences and is taught within each discipline (relevant to each as it applies to it).

Otherwise, I can tell you for free medicine as we understand it cannot be taught to children. It takes a relatively smart fella five to six years to get a basic understanding of medicine, and four to five more years to master one or other subspeciality of it. Same for engineering.

What l don’t get is kuna tofauti gani ya a jew and a kawaida Anglo sax from England. Hakuna they are all white slavers

After being taught the business side its when he made a name. Before that he had no name.

1bn USD you can’t make it in any field in Kenya since we have a very tiny market. Even the brookside empire with it’s oligopoly is barely worth the same.
I just used 1bn Kshs in relativity.
I mean the entire of Africa contibutes only about 2.2% of global trade. Hehe…the 2.2% is what is supposed to turn you into a billionaire?

In the USD, most of the billionaires have companies with turnover of over 2-100 plus billion USD a year, in Africa this is next to impossible to achieve and that is why we have very few billionaires

8-4-4 never failed it is simply a corrupt system eating education funds. We have many 8-4-4 graduates in the market within and outside kenyans who have achieved a lot in the academic and entrepreneurship world.
What I know many people who blame the education system were themselves lazy and failed when in school.
Many 8-4-4 graduates have so many career paths after form four than those who do igcse for instance.
If 8-4-4 has a problem then the banks have a problem rooted from the same education system. Or banks employees are from another education system? If no why should they claim to be making sound decisions yet they were also not well equipped in school.

jews are not white, although many are now mixed, their lineage is from middle east and they are more related to other middle east tribes than the celtic, germanic and slavic tribes… of course, there are people who are jewish just by religion though not a significant number

Kwani betting companies si software? What about all these VAS billionaires also? What these loan app guys? These payments guys? These big software contractors? People are making legit billions from software in Kenya, ni wewe umelalia masikio

Almost all banking executives in Kenya have either education or work experience outside Kenya, usually in the west. James Mwangi is probably the only exception… so yeah, the Banking system is definitely not in the hands of 8-4-4 grads

More of a myth. Even the current kcb guy did his bachelors at uon. Try Googling for their background information most have a local bachelors and a foreign masters or upto form four and foreign bachelors. Anyone who did well in the 8-4-4 system will appreciate the knowledge he acquired, the rest won’t.
Kenyan students excel in European and American universities due to the core knowledge they acquired through 8-4-4.

Those betting companies that are raking in billions are majority owned by foreigners. For example in sportpesa major share holders are foreigners.
Do not be surprised to find even most of these loan apps are majority owned by foreigners. The only loan apps I know that are Kenyan own are those belonging to banks.
A innovative young man/woman in kenya will never get millions of shillings from banks or local investors to start a software company.
But I agree those guys are making billions of shillings not dollars.