Zakayo to collect school fees on behalf of principals

2 Likes

Itagulwa!

1 Like

This is neither right nor necessary. Who asked for it? What problem is it solving? Who does it benefit?
Just another step in further controlling and complicating people’s lives. Let schools have the freedom to run their programmes without govt. breathing down their necks every moment and micro-managing the nation’s education. That’s what school heads are supposed to do. Schools have boards and PTA to solve any issues which affect students. Let the ministry make decisions with make sense; this one doesn’t.
This directive should be seriously challenged.

5 Likes

THIS IS THEFT.

2 Likes

Govt Orders All National Schools Parents to Pay Fees Via eCitizen - Kenyans.co.ke.

Soon the schools will be unable to feed the students cos sakayo has taken all the money and it will take forever to have the cash, if any, released to schools.

2 Likes

It is meant to solve the government’s liquidity issues.

2 Likes

I foresee a situation where principals will encourage students to riot.
Wametolewa nyama kwa mdomo.

9 Likes

You cannot play roulette with a country’s education system and tell people they have a future. Don’t you see what this means? It means that when you pay fees for your child, the school principal has no control over that money, so he/she cannot be held responsible for providing or failing to provide the quality of services the school says it will provide, because they will be cash strapped despite parents having paid. There will be no accountability, because the Ministry will be saying on TV they have released money to schools, but schools will say they have not received the money–haven’t we seen all these absurd games before?!
This isn’t a joke, it’s a very serious shift which will cause many problems between parents and school heads. If there is one thing no one should interfere with it’s education.
Every Kenyan of sound mind should oppose it.

7 Likes

Sakayo is clueless kabisa.

1 Like

This doesn’t require either special genius or a degree in management. It’s just common sense.

1 Like

Any school following strict MOE guidelines to the latter has no standards at all, Its that ka dead ka Vietnamese type of school beside a DOK primary school.
A typical highschool which is conscious of their performance lazima ufike bei.

School Heads should have autonomy of power without any external interference, i foresee serious opposition from Kessha and in the end I see massive sabotage.

1 Like

Isn’t that the reason he is clueless?

Jambasi administration is here to cause disruptions. Its like they have bees buzzing up in their azz.

2 Likes

Ruto is a sociopath who does not care about the people. Finance bill proved it. As long as ngafment has money those thieving kalemenos don’t care about anyone else.

2 Likes

Apart from the fee it self they could be targeting the convenience or charge fee…Zakayo lacks management N leadership skills. A good manager delicates duties to His subordinate…Huyu anataka Kila kitu

2 Likes

The so called “convenience” fee is in fact both an inconvenience and an injustice. It should be declared illegal to force people to pay extra money to facilitate the payment of fees.

5 Likes

I have largely been ignored when I shout that education is as important as security and defense of the country. Every year the education sector has been made worse

Introduction of CBC was the final nail in the coffin

2 Likes

This bonobo president is slowly taking us back to stone age

1 Like