You will never make money in East Africa!

Badala ya kununua huko si ukuje tununue Thobiri/Sopiri au Kinamba tulime ngano…Nitakuwa nakupa tractor na combine harvester at cheap rates

Hiyo deal ya Murang’a kwa birrionea it has better utility juu ya proximity to Nai. Ni tricky kutoa fresh produce all the way from Jebi to Nai where the market is. Ngano haina pesa. Fruits and vegetables are the real deal. Halafu pia msee huangalia long-term. Land iko Murang’a will be worth billions in 20 years watu wakiflood Kiambu which is already 3/4 full. So hapo ni kukulia mara mbili…agribusiness na a monstrous exit. The convenience from Nairobi is also a big plus for management reasons juu ukulima haitakangi absentee investor. I can drive to Murang’a daily or four times a week. I can’t drive to Thubiri more than 2 times a week. Na biz ndivyo issucceed lazima ukuwe hapo or readily available as the proprietor.

Nunuliwa pilsner ghasia!

Billionaires are moving away from Nairobi.Muranga is also the next focus for all but majorly the middle class who don’t want to venture out too far,Most have gone to invest as far as Makuyu as we speak.
Lakini do your research,utaona there is also another trend of guys buying land very far from Nairobi.In future,the land will also fetch some good money but may not be as much as Murang’a one.

Hehehe. Tunamwelewa

True. Birrioneas moving away from Nai are doing so for different reasons. Wengine wanaenda kuweka animal sanctuaries and ranches. Huwezi copy watu bila kujua your end goal. If my goal is agribusiness (fresh produce), it would be unwise kufuata birrioneas wakienda Naru Moru kuweka ranches juu our objectives are different. The only problem with Murang’a land ni bei, sio kukosekana.

Na huko Nanyuki kulisha bulls for beef

Tia Dalma there is plenty of money to be made in Africa. Ebu follow the youtuber Wode Maya. Most foreigners know that and they are heading there by the dozen.

I put up this link/article to gauge how we, East Africans, think about the process to get ‘Forbes rich’. After having an enlightening discussion with some Kenyans, we came to the following conclusions:

1. Kenyans always assume Land = Wealth: everyone wants to get land to sit on and wait for 20 years to get lucky with appreciation. (These people know very little about inflation)
  2. East Africa’s Stock Exchange are useless. These are the means people become wealthy, and countries move from low to high-value economies. But, Kenyans do not appreciate the use and benefits of the Stock Exchange.
  3. We also value jobs, and despise Sole Proprietors and Business Owners. In the Forbes video I posted, there is no employed person. Look at how Tesla & Amazon owners value rises. From nowhere, to the top. This reminds me of how my parents forced me to get employed instead of being an employer. Even after having employed more people than my parent’s struggling company, I am still asked “And, these days, what do you do? Ulipata kazi?”
  4. Kenyans will only think of investing in Kenya, a Tanzanian will only think of investing in Tanzania. A Nigerian will invest in Nigeria, then close business and move to Kenya (Kenyan bank are being bought by Nigerians at a very high rate). The same with South Africans, but due to the migration of the wealthy from that country, the steam may have died down. very few Kenyans know of a company that has invested outside Kenya.

I like seeing Wode Maya, if you look at Wode Maya talk about Kenya it centres around investing in land. If you see him talk about other Western African countries, he talks about manufacturing.

From reading the posts here, I see it is true.

P.S.

1. Did you know that travel in Africa was opened up. You can travel VISA free
  2. Did you know (where Wode Maya is from) Ghana’s President banned the export of raw cocoa.
  3. Did you know if we start thinking of Ourselves as East African, we can become more efficient, effective and economical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iRBY4_dUJQ

Kwani ako na deni yako??

But he also showcases other Kenyan businesses such as manufacturing, there is this one I watched about a guy that makes hair products. There is serious money in Agri-business in Kenya though and a ready market in Europe.

70% are with Real Estate.
Kenyans don’t manufacture products. We import and reassemble.

According to Wode Maya, 88% of what he shows is on Land ownership:

1. I Left America To Kenya & Now Own 20 Acres Organic Farm!
  2. How A Kenyan Hair Stylist Manufactured Made In Kenya Cosmetics! (Importation of hair)
  3. He Quit A Multinational Company & Now Owns Over 100 Offices In Nigeria Ghana & Kenya!
  4. How A Kenyan Family Built A Beautiful Resort On A Mountain!
  5. I Left America To Kenya To Be An Animal Farmer!
  6. A Crazy Affordable Luxurious Estate In Kenya(Garden City Mall Apartment)!
  7. How A Kenyan Village Man Built $650 Million Golf Estate In Kenya
  8. She Owns Kenya’s Top Apartment Hotels & Serviced Apartments!
  9. I Made More Money In Kenya Than Germany!

I get that. No 3 is the one I watched and really admired that Jeng. I may have misunderstood your original post. That there is no money to be made in Africa?

As a Kenyan you have a much higher chance of making good money in Kenya than anywhere else.

I disagree because this isn’t true especially for the lowest income earners. It is easier for a mjeii guy to make it by moving abroad (Europe or Americas) than by staying in Kenya. He will do the same type of work over there, with better machines, and get paid significantly more.

Your point only makes sense to those who already have a decent amount of disposable income not the mjeii or factory worker guy.

When you look at the list of Wealthiest African’s you will note:

1. Due to population, there is a big market, big banks (for gearing), bigger opportunities
  2. Most wealthy individuals make more money from outside their home country.
  3. Manufacturing generates more wealth than sitting and waiting for land to appreciate.
  4. It is very unlikely an African will reach the same amounts as Europe & the Americas

For further analysis:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Africans_by_net_worth
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wealthiest_families

Elon Musk/Net worth
169.9 billion USD
Citizenship: South Africa (1971–present); Canada (1971–present); United States (2002–present).
He is the founder, CEO, CTO, and chief designer of SpaceX; early stage investor, CEO, and product architect of Tesla, Inc.; founder of The Boring Company; co-founder of Neuralink; and co-founder and initial co-chairman of OpenAI.

1. Aliko Dangote/Net worth, Net worth: $12.1 billion
    Origin of wealth: Cement, sugar
    Industry: Manufacturing
    Residence: Lagos

2. Nassef Sawiris
    Net worth: $8.5 billion
    Rank in 2020: 2
    Net worth in 2020: $8 billion
    Origin of wealth: Construction, chemicals
    Industry: Construction and engineering
    Residence: Cairo

3. Nicky Oppenheimer & family
    Net worth: $8 billion
    Rank in 2020: 3
    Net worth in 2020: $7.7 billion
    Origin of wealth: Diamonds
    Industry: metal and mining
    Residence: Johannesburg

4. Johann Rupert & family
    Net worth: $7.2 billion
    Rank in 2020: 5
    Net worth in 2020: $6.5 billion
    Origin of wealth: Luxury goods
    Industry: Fashion and retail
    Residence: Cape Town

6.Mike Adenuga

Net worth: $6.3 billion
Rank in 2020: 3
Net worth in 2020: $7.7 billion
Self-made
Origin of wealth: Telecom, oil
Industry: Diversified

1. Abdulsamad Rabiu
    Net worth: $5.5 billion
    Rank in 2020: 8
    Net worth in 2020: $3.1 billion
    Origin of wealth: Cement, sugar
    Industry: Diversified

2. Issad Rebrab & family
    Net worth: $4.8 billion
    Rank in 2020: 6
    Net worth: $4.4 billion
    Self-made
    Origin of wealth: Food
    Industry: Food and beverage
    Residence: Algiers

Read more using below links. I prefer to use more than 1 source due to bias.
https://www.forbesafrica.com/billionaires/2021/02/01/africas-richest-2021/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Africans_by_net_worth

True …I know many people who commute to Nai daily from our shags in Kandara .If I had the money ,I’d have snapped it bila kufikiria .

My comments,
On point number 2,the likes of Nyaga stock brokers discouraged many investors who were willing to venture into that market area,those still afloat have nothing much to write home about.

Trade barriers between African countries are still rife hence making business people venture within their own boundaries,but we still have business people doing business cross-boundary

Travelling VISA free across Africa,I beg your pardon

Kumbe wewe ni neighbour ya ile faggot inaitwa @kanguthu