You must forsake ALL, to follow Christ

This Sermon “Forsaking All” was Preached By Our Precious Brother Prophet William Marrion Branham on 1962-0123.

Matthew 19:27 Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore?
Mark 10:28 Then Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee.

32 But that’s exactly what God requires: forsake all and follow Him. That’s God’s requirement. We’ve got to do it too. Sometimes we’ve got to forsake our very thoughts. If our thoughts about anything is contrary to God’s Word, we’ve got to forsake our own thinking and follow Him. And the only way we can follow Him is follow his Word, obey it. And God’s request, and God’s requirement is that we forsake all and follow Him.
But in doing so we find out sometimes we have to forsake our friends. Many times that’s a hard thing to do. Now, many people when they first come into Christ, and be filled with the Spirit… Maybe like women has been having a … some kind of a party they’ve been going to every certain, certain night, where they been playing bunco in the neighborhood—acquainted with all the neighbors, and so forth, and belong to certain societies in the neighborhood, and they go play bunco.
And these women, you know, is going to say something about it. They’re not going to understand it. But yet, you have to forsake that thing because it’s not right to gamble, play cards. And you’ve got to forsake that if you follow Christ.

33 Sometimes the women in our churches is used to wearing immoral clothes, like shorts, and these dungarees. The Bible said it’s an abomination to God for a woman to put on such. No matter what she thinks, she’s got to forsake that. Sometimes we find women when they come into the way and get saved, they’ve been used to cutting off their hair, and they want to be popular like the rest of the world. But they find out it’s a hard thing, 'cause they’ll call you old-fashioned whenever you go to dressing like a Christian, acting like a Christian, living like a Christian. They’ll call you old-fashioned, but you’ve got to forsake all to follow Him.

Deuteronomy 22:5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman’s garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.
34 Jesus said, or the Scripture says, “He that loves the world or the things of the world, the love of God is not even in him.” That’s right. It takes forsaking all. There … when you were willing to forsake all and follow Him, then “If ye abide in me and my word in you, you can ask what you will, and it will be done for you.” But you cannot, knowing that those things are wrong. You know they’re wrong.
The Bible’s against them—card playing, cigarette smoking, drinking, wearing immoral clothes; and then claiming to be a Christian. If that spirit in you does not condemn that, then there’s something wrong with the spirit that’s in you. Because the God who wrote the Word is the Word, and the Word is in you, and it condemns you. It’s got to. And if it doesn’t, you’re being deceived. How can the Holy Spirit write something, and you turn around and do contrary to it, and say the Holy Spirit is leading you? You can’t do it.

John 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
1 John 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

35 So smoking cigarettes, drinking whiskey, playing cards, cutting hair, wearing shorts, all these other things, are wrong, sinful wrong, and you’ll never get anywhere until you quit it. It’s creeping into our Pentecostal move. Shame on you! You ought to be ashamed. No wonder we can’t have a worldwide revival. No wonder we can’t have a Pentecostal revival. Something’s happened. That’s right. We’ve let down the bars. Things are taking place that should not take place. Therefore, you must forsake all to follow Christ.

36 You must forsake your own ideas. You must cope with his Word. And never will the Holy Ghost ever deny any word it ever spoke, and the Bible is wrote by the Holy Spirit. The Bible said so. And if the Bible words is God… “In the beginning was the Word, the Word was with God, and the Word was God … and the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us.” Now, the Word is made Spirit dwelling in us, for “I will be with you, even in you to the end of the world”—the consummation.

Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

37 Now, if that same God that wrote the Bible is in you, you’re not your own. You’re dead to the things of the world. You’re dead to your own thoughts. And the mind that … “… the mind that was in Christ be in you.” There. Then you’re forsaking all to follow Him. Not your own thoughts; what He says. “Not my will; thine, Lord.” Then you begin to line up with God’s Word. Could stay there a long time, but I’ll just run on a little farther.
But, you say, “What do I get then, forsaking all? Forsaking all, what do I get?”

Philippians 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
38 You can expect the world to make fun of you. You can expect the world to call you all kinds of unhonorable names. They’ll call you anything that they can call you. You’ll be despised and rejected. Jesus, because of Him being Emmanuel—God dwelling in Him—it made Him so odd to his own church till his own church excommunicated Him as soon as He come in. They was the one who hung Him on the cross. They was the one who condemned Him. He loved people. His whole heart was for people. But He had to forsake everything in order to follow God. And so do we have to forsake everything in order to follow God.

39 Now. What do I get in return? We don’t expect… Sometimes I think we ministers make it a little too much flowers for the convert. “Oh, come to Christ. Everything is lovely.” But you see, it isn’t like that in the way that … saying that everything’s a flowery bed of ease, because no Christian…
The Bible said, “All that live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.” So, if you’re not suffering persecutions for Christ’s sake, then there’s something wrong. If the devil ain’t after you, he’s got you. That’s all, because as long as he’s after you, that’s a sign he hasn’t got you yet. But if he isn’t after you, it’s a sign he has got you. So just remember, as long as he’s a-blasting at you, you’re a few jumps ahead of him yet, and just keep on going.

2 Timothy 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
40 But all that live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. He said, “Rejoice, and be exceedingly glad for so persecuted they the prophets which was before you.” That’s right. Don’t go with a hang-down face, and say, “Well, I oughtn’t to’ve done it, I guess. I just can’t stand for somebody to talk about me, and say I’m old-fashioned, I’m this, that, or the other.” Oh, you should be exceedingly glad, happy because of it, because you can bear the reproach of his name. And by keeping his commandments, it caused you to do that.

Matthew 5:12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
2 Timothy 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

41 But I want to say this too (hurry up as quick as we can), God will not, in no wise, be in debt to any man. God won’t be debted to any man. If you have did that for God, forsaken all, God will repay you a thousand fold. That’s right. God will pay it back. You forsake the things of the world, and the world, and the things of the world and God will repay you so many times! How many’s a witness of that here tonight? Why, we all know that God will repay.

42 Now, let’s take just a few characters that did forsake all. Let’s take first the father of faith, Abraham. Abraham forsook his own land, the property he owned and everything else. He was called out of Chaldea, the city of Ur. And he forsook his land, his home, his people, and all, and followed God. He had to forsake everything, leave it behind. He forsook his land, his property down in Chaldea, in Ur. He forsaken his property, and God gave him the whole promised land. God pays back with a lot of interest. He gave him… Up there that day, when He met him, He said, “Rise up, Abraham. Look east, north, west, south. I give it all to you. It’s all yours.”

Genesis 13:14 And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward:
Genesis 13:15 For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.

43 That’s the matter with Christians tonight. God gives it to us, but we’re afraid to investigate it. When you become a Christian, you’re heir to every promise in the Bible. Right. Everything that God promised is yours. It’s just like a great big arcade. And by one Spirit we’re all baptized into this arcade, which is Christ. Well, if I … if somebody give me something, I’m going to look around and find out what I own.
I think that’s what Christians ought to do tonight—find out what you’ve got. If something gets just a little high up that I can’t reach it, I’ll get me a stepladder, and climb up to it. And if something seems a little out of reach in the Bible that God promised, I’ll stay on my knees, and climb Jacob’s ladder until I reach it, 'cause it’s mine. God gave it to me.

44 If divine healing’s promised in the Bible, and I’m sick, I’ll stay there till God gives it to me, 'cause it’s a promise. God promised … I’d forsake the world, He’d give me the Holy Ghost, I’ll stay right there till He gives it to me, because He promised it. If God promised to give me the desire of my heart, and the desire of my heart is the right thing, I’ll stay there till God gives it, because it’s a promise. And I’ve forsaken all the world. I want to walk after Him. And He will pay. I know that to be truth. It’s exactly right.

Mark 11:24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
45 What did he do? He forsook his land, his country. And God give him the entire province, or all the whole continent of the … of Palestine. He forsook his little bitty piece of land down there, and maybe a acre where his house sat, and his old house, to receive everything there was in Palestine. Good.
But the first thing he had to do was separate himself. He separated himself from his people, all of his loved ones, the old associates that he used to run around with, his boyhood friends that come down from Babylon with him, and all of his brothers, sisters, and all of his friends that he knew, his associates. When God called him, He said, “Separate yourself from your kindred. Get away from all of it.” Now that was hard, but he separated himself from all of his kinfolks. Why? Because they would not agree with him.

Genesis 12:1 Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father’s house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

46 Could you imagine them agreeing … an old man, here, seventy-five years old with a sixty-five-year-old wife saying, “You know what? I met God out here, and He told me I was going to have a baby now by Sarah.” Why, his doctor friend would have said, “The old man’s off at his head.” But he’d already bought up the pins, and Birdseye, and everything else getting ready for it, because he knew he was going to have it. That’s right. Nothing to it. Why? God promised it. Right! And if that bunch of people wanted to laugh at him, and think he’d gone off at his head…
They do every believer that way. All of Abraham’s seed has the same thing. That’s right. Sometimes your church will even turn you out, your clubs, your places you belong to, your fellowships in the neighborhood, your associates. Sometimes your boyfriend or your girlfriend will turn you down. But God requires you to forsake all to follow Him; forsake everything that’s contrary to Him and follow Him.

47 Now, Abraham forsaking his people, what did he get in back of it? What come besides that? He become the father of many nations. God made him the father of many nations. What little he gave up, then look what he become. Jesus said, “He who’ll forsake … me will have fathers, mothers,” and so forth. Look what Abraham got by forsaking all and following Him. Yes, sir, the father of many nations.

48 But first he had to separate himself from all unbelief, and even from his cold, lukewarm, church-member brother, Lot. He had to forsake himself from that. Everything that’s got unbelief in it, you have to separate yourself. Anything! If it’s a creed… If you’re in a church, and all you’re depending on is a creed, and don’t believe the Word, and if the Word’s contrary to … the creed’s contrary to the Word, you’ll have to forsake that. You’ll have to forsake everything.

49 And God never did bless Abraham until he totally obeyed Him. Abraham wanted to take his daddy along. And the old man was a fly in the ointment all the time. Finally he died. Then Lot—there was strife and everything. And then, as soon as Abraham fully obeyed God and separated himself, and let Lot go on down there in the good lands, wherever he wanted to go—down in Sodom—then God appeared to Abraham, and said, “Lift up your eyes. I give the whole thing to you.”
Abraham was the one who separated. He was the one who separated all to follow God. And he is the father of faith. He is the one that we believe to be the faithful one. The promise was made to Abraham and his seed. We being dead in Christ are Abraham’s seed, heirs with Him according to the promise.

Genesis 13:14 And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7vyLHeEoZ4

I would meanwhile follow mama pima mchafu mwenye ukimwi na clitoris ya ndovu mama @uwesmake

shakhahola christian victims were told the exact same thing :smiley:

if you are reading this ,
research whatever you see below
and escape mental slavery !

The myriads of angels.pngFox7i0JX0AEEwRG.jpeg
marcus-garvey-mental-slavery.jpg

Some interesting takes of Jesus Christ

Astrotheology is a term used to describe the study of the relationship between theology, religious symbolism, and astronomical phenomena. It explores the connections between celestial bodies, astronomical events, and religious or mythological beliefs.

In many ancient cultures, the observation of celestial bodies played a significant role in their religious and mythological systems. People often associated celestial phenomena, such as the sun, moon, stars, and planets, with their gods, goddesses, or divine forces. These associations were reflected in their religious rituals, beliefs, and symbols.

For example, in ancient Egypt, the sun god Ra was highly revered, and his daily journey across the sky was seen as a symbol of life, death, and resurrection. The annual flooding of the Nile River, which was essential for agriculture, was connected to the movements of certain stars and constellations, and it was believed to be influenced by the gods.

Similarly, in ancient Mesopotamia, the movements of celestial bodies were closely observed and associated with various deities and their actions. The Babylonians, for instance, developed complex systems of astrology, connecting the positions of celestial bodies to events and the fates of individuals and nations.

In more recent times, scholars have also explored possible astrotheological connections in religious texts, including the Bible. Some researchers suggest that certain biblical stories, symbols, and figures may have been influenced by celestial events or astrological symbolism. These interpretations often involve examining references to stars, constellations, and astronomical symbolism within the texts.

It’s important to note that astrotheology is a subject of scholarly debate, and interpretations can vary widely. Some scholars view these connections as purely symbolic or allegorical, while others propose more direct influences on religious beliefs and practices.

Ultimately, astrotheology explores the complex interplay between astronomy, mythology, and religious thought, providing insights into the historical and cultural significance of celestial observations in various societies throughout history.

caution this should not be used as evidence that Jesus Christ doesn’t exist
https://shorturl.at/lvGT3

Metal slavery iko Kibra si mbali saana uliza Raila :smiley:

You forsake everything, including your intelligence, and follow fables and imaginary masters. And since living and its consequences does not suffer idiots, then you will become either a begger who dies a pauper or an enemy of humanity who scams fellow idiotic believers who also forsook everything including their intelligence.

You cannot lose what you never had.

1 Corinthians 4:10 We are fools for Christ, but you are wise in Christ. We are weak, but you are strong. You are honored, but we are dishonored. [B]11[/B]To this very hour we are hungry and thirsty, we are poorly clothed, we are brutally treated, we are homeless. [B]12[/B]We work hard with our own hands. When we are vilified, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure it; [B]13[/B]when we are slandered, we answer gently. Up to this moment we have become the scum of the earth, the refuse of the world.

Oh boy!!!
Isn’t it profound that one can read this and continue being Christian? Why is it that one is repeatedly treated like a stupid person and still continue adhering to the bogus faith? Eti you are a fool in christ???

This verse makes a lot sense to me

“‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.
15…
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts
and turn and get saved!!

Mark 4:12
Mathew 13