Xiaomi 12

Fair enough hata mimi niliachana na custom roms in 2018 when Huawei decided to lock its phone’s bootloaders. Niliona many other manufacturers will follow suit nikajitoa. But I can assure you oneplus CEO will be part of the dev team for the most successful oxygen OS custom rom on XDA. He will use a pseudonym but najua atakuwa huko. XDA is not a forum a serious CEOs can avoid. Even Carl Pei ako huko. Najua tu! Xiaomi started at XDA, so najua wote wako huko.

In 2024 you can get oxygen OS based on android 16 or 15. Your phone will no longer be receiving even color OS updates so what harm will it do to install the OS? Even if you buy a new phone you can still check out what’s on offer.

This I know. 1+ has always been very popular on xda and unlocking the bootloader has always been very easy

Sifiki huko. I don’t use phones that long… I’m already eying the pixel 6 ninunue within the next few months

Wait for the second version of tensor Google will have problems updating this chipset. Even current updates are very problematic hit and miss. Maybe wait for 7.

I get that early adopter tax but I need a phone urgently. Battery life has gone to the dogs, I’m keeping an eye on the pixel 6 issues and how Google is dealing with them for now

This tensor chip is like SD 855. Google has really maxed it out. I suspect the architecture will change significantly next year. Which means google will drop its support very quickly. I have been closely watching and my judgement is this is a phone worth $300 coz it will eventually be neglected by Google in a year or two.

I get it I really do. But I don’t advocate waiting to buy a device if you need one now. If you need a new laptop desperately don’t wait for new AMD/Intel chips, buy what has value for you now

Value is in the older snapdragon pixels like 5. I also buy tech that’s available right now but I am always careful to avoid pitfalls. I learned this from Windows phones, I had really transitioned to Windows completely hoping never to return to android. We know how that ended. Although I will never regret owning the HTC 8x Windows phone.

Software problems affect 1% of xiaomi users

miui sucks. Even custom roms have their own major flaws sometimes.

Based on what factors will the software be trash?