Worst usability update ever

Web designers don’t design sites for themselves but for users. Users want a design that is easy to navigate and interact with, a user interface that is easy to follow what is written on it.

The update that has been done on this site is the worst I have ever come across, and I visit many sites. I keep coming back to this site because it has been easy to follow threads and comments. Updates are sometimes good, but they should not change the overall feel of the site. It was easy to scan threads and comments before this so called update. It is difficult to see anything good that this update has brought.

Instead, it feels and look like a wall of text, difficult to follow, boring and painful to even read. It is even hard to see the end of a comment and the beginning of a new one. How was the new font size even determined? There is a reason why Facebook has never changed its user interface, consistency. Knowing what to expect when you visit a site.

Whoever is responsible for this site should familiarise himself with Jakob’s Law of the Web User Experience which states that: “users spend most of their time on other websites.”

This means that they form their expectations for your site based on what’s commonly done on most other sites. If you deviate, your site will be harder to use and users will leave.

This means that users prefer your site to work the same way as all the other sites they already know. Design for patterns for which users are accustomed.

Usability should be the guiding principle, not your whim

Out of all the whiners, you make most sense. Tunasema tena" turudishwe misri, hii Canaan in umeffi tupu"

You are making a good point but struggling to sound smart by making very wrong references. If there is a site that has changed its UI severally is Facebook. Unless of coz you joined Facebook the other day. For those of us who joined fb while it was called thefacebook.com we have been part of a whole metamorphosis.

Take your time boss. Be optimistic.

I joined facebook early 2006. I know it has never changed home page, how you sign up or log in. A few things have changed here and there but the overall feel has remained the same.

Fb has changed alot. Actually the first change moved icons and notifications from right to left.

First changes are usually bitter. Look at snapchat recent issues. But users get used and start wondering what they were using b4 the changes.

Karunguthu kaino niaje

Ktalk now looks like Jamii forums.

The huge exodus to Jirani’s site is slowly commencing… watch this space

Sema mkUMBWA?

@admin what happened was not an upgrade.
Senji nyinyi yote.
[ATTACH=full]161244[/ATTACH]

Enemy of progress

The good thing is that everybody is talking from the inside :):stuck_out_tongue:

Mvua inakupeleka aje

hii upgrade ni ya ufala.

Navigation ndio shida. Not opera mini friendly, i have to keep on zooming every time i open a new thread, why are u fuckers economical with the font size

Rombo!
Good to see you here.

Have you tried using Chrome?

No because i like opera mini better…and I won’t stop using it because of a shitty upgrade/downgrade.

Wah, then you are going to have it rough.
Opera mini…
[ATTACH=full]161253[/ATTACH]
Chrome.
[ATTACH=full]161254[/ATTACH]

Wacha kelele the chura hapa. Tengeneza KT yako basi.

Am sure the very first UI you encountered in your life ilikuchanganya so wacha mouth