World’s first ‘human composting’ site to turn dead people into soil

The facility is set to open in Seattle, Washington, in 2021, and company founder Katrina Spade describes it as a ‘death care revolution’
The company says, ‘Bodies are covered with wood chips and aerated, providing the perfect environment for naturally occurring microbes and beneficial bacteria.
[ATTACH=full]275190[/ATTACH]
‘Over the span of about 30 days, the body is fully transformed, creating soil which can then be used to grow new life.’ A body turns into around a square metre of soil, some or all of which families are encouraged to take home, ScienceAlert reports.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/worlds-first-human-composting-site-to-open-in-2021-to-turn-people-into-soil-194015302.html

Katrina Spade…mmmkay.

madness … i don’t see it wise to take home your wife’s body as gardening soil to your kids to plant flowers … i just don’t get it !

Isn’t that what we do, anyway - Maua pale kaburini?

im sure the smell is horrenous

when i die spread my remains at the beach …also i dont want to be cremated or decomposed

When I die toss me in the dustbin, I never cared about people while alive it’s only fair they accord me the same callousness.