Will Raila cross the Rubicon?

Julius Caesar’s crossing the Rubicon was an event in 49 BC that precipitated the Roman Civil War, which ultimately led to Caesar’s becoming dictator for life and the rise of the imperial era of Rome.

Caesar had been appointed to a governorship over a region that ranged from southern Gaul (France and Germany west of the Rhine) to Illyricum (Northern Italy). As his term of governorship ended, the Roman Senate ordered Caesar to disband his army and return to Rome. He was explicitly ordered not to bring his army across the Rubicon river, which was at that time a northern boundary of Italy.

In January of 49 BC, Caesar brought the 13th legion across the river, an act that was considered insurrection, treason, and a declaration of war upon the Roman Senate. According to some authors, he is said to have uttered the phrase “alea iacta est” — the die is cast — as his army marched through the shallow river.

The phrase “crossing the Rubicon” is today often used as an idiom to mean passing a point of no return.

The Kenyan opposition has said they will swear in Raila Amolo Odinga as the “People’s President of Kenya” come the 12th of Dec. While the title is vague, the action is not. That is a treasonous act and a declaration of war against the Kenyan State. A person who involves his self in treason becomes an enemy of the Kenyan State - and the punishment is death.

Raila was to be sworn in during Uhuru’s inauguration, but he grew cold feet and gave his supporters excuses of “his international stature, democracy, rule of law blah blah blah”.

Now it seems the demons are back but will he be sworn in? even in a mock event?

I highly doubt. One talker labeled Raila a coward. He is indeed a coward, if he was brave enough, He would have had his Chief justice, one James Orengo, swear him in on the Presidential inauguration day.

They all know they can’t do it, it’s just a mind play on their gullible supporters to keep them engaged and remain relevant until 2022.

But what if Raila gets inspiration from Julius Caesar and crosses the Rubicon this time round?

These are the possible odds for Raila:

[ol]
[li]if Raila will cross with no armies behind him, he will be arrested and locked up, many of his supporters will be arrested too, others shot on sight.[/li][li]if Raila crosses the Rubicon with a fully armed army behind him - civil war ensues. Raila’s army is crushed by KDF within 12hrs.[/li][/ol]

Which of the above scenarios is more likely for General Kakende, if he decides the die is cast?

6 Likes

No, for he knows once he goes ahead and illegally “assumes” the throne, by the virtues of that action, he has compromised his position forever and Kenyans will never EVER consider him again.
He should not be allowed to march, that would be an unwise move by the government.
I see him strategically placing snipers who will in turn take out a couple of their own…guess who will be blamed…

4 Likes

All i know is that by 6pm 12 Dec there will be a lot of disappointed cordmorons.

10 Likes

And yet again some more people that will not usher in the new year. They never learn.

5 Likes

Hii story ya RAT imekuwa stale, can the diminished opposition pick their new leader. Its boring now.

4 Likes

FOR THIS AND OTHER JOKES PLEASE SMS THE WORD UPUSSI TO 20025

NORMAL SMS CHARGES DON’T APPLY TO PEASANTS

2 Likes

It hurts me alot to know someone somewhere is alive as I type this but because of jakuon the person is going to miss Christmas forever.

3 Likes

I think his plan is to be inaugurated in Kisumu and like happened yesterday at Kisumu Airport, storm Kisumu State House with his fanatical supporters and claim it as his. It would be foolhardy to expect him to storm the State House in Nairobi.

1 Like

Ati? That would be suicidal if he manages to do that he would lose his image, the only protection he has so far. That would be like exposing himself to death and the whole world would congratulate the one who shoots him first.

1 Like

Meanwhile, kazi inaendelea.

UN bosses couldn’t resist a selfie moment with President Uhuru.
[ATTACH=full]143065[/ATTACH]

4 Likes

Makes the mad man all madder.

1 Like

Raila has reduced his people to “sad spirits”.

Bluffing! No swearing in!

1 Like

Sounds very dramatic held against the Caeserian coup, but we must remind ourselves what constitutes JaKuon’s financial, strategic and military backbone.

https://i-onthe-io.cdn.ampproject.org/ii/w680/s/i.onthe.io/0fgjhsbahh7fc02bo.0a03ce09.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVATWaFrE1OaXNtV2kwu0Qziy1lrMeuqMPAHCZAz091A646bW46iH8c_II7Q [ATTACH=full]143121[/ATTACH]

3 Likes