Why I Hardly Consume Local Content

Mr Sifo Unanikalianga mzae fulani wa kuwatch centro sinema na kum kumbagya. Kumbe umechanuka :smiley:

Nimechanuka maze! Find me on National Geographic, Fox TV, MNet, Discovery Science and such stuff. Not on shitty local stations

That is what the majority can digest, a country where everyone get free education in English and still needs DJafro to translate a movie. Ktalk does not represent typical Kenyans, whether we are poor or rich we represent the cream of Kenyans intellectually. Down there are the real Kenyans whose capacity can only let them enjoy mwala, mother in law, Churchill, chirandula etc content.
It is not even about shooting and the scenes, it is the creativity and art of acting, we enjoy watching black Americans dramas because they can act and make real jokes

1 Like

Thereā€™s a lot of good Kenyan content on youtube. Its just that you havenā€™t discovered it yet. Theres a Kenyan African lady who has documented her familyā€™s travels across Africa in a range rover. Youā€™d be amazed at the sort of stuff Kenyans are posting online . Thereā€™s another lady who resides in Turkey and sheā€™s very informative. Thereā€™s also young girl who blogs from Malindi and Coast region, they are actually two of them. And many others.

Local content creators are notorious for complaining that Kenyans donā€™t consume their content. I donā€™t sympathize with them because money follows attention and attention follows quality. If they focus on producing quality content, then they wonā€™t have to complain about Kenyans not consuming their content.

local tvs donā€™t produce the content. they only produce news and music shows like 10 over 10. Thatā€™s why some shows like Househelps of Kawangware have been broadcast in more than 1 station

Reminds me of some chick who came over and tuned 100% into local content. I was even surprised my LG TV could play such content. I tried explaining to her that I have subscribed to both Netflix and Prime Video with a VPN but hakuskia. It was a switch from papa shirandura to inspecta mwala sijui mother in law etc etc. Then over to youtube for equivalent shyte.

I then realized that akina citizen have a fanatic following and I am not part of the targeted demographic. From a business perspective this is brilliantā€¦ create low quality content and get a huge audience and attract wealthy advertisers.

Na vyenye hio inspecta mwala unibamba, kwanza ule mboyz wa kupika chai na kdf kwa stenje ā€¦

Ukona na ufala mujamaa ā€¦ yaani wanamuok adi Gachie kuforce wewe uwatch Zora?

Siku hizi haina fun

Itā€™s never one individual dude. Even serious youtubers invest millions into equipment, websites, branding , marketingetc

I look at guys like Jake Tran who produces quality content and am sure he has a team behind him only that you never get to see what goes on behind the scenes. That said, yenyewe local content inaitwa hivo for a reason, could be the creators are ultra targeting but still their overall work haiko world class. You know how you can watch an anime show from Japan or Korea but the story is so engrossing u donā€™t mind reading subs mbona wao wasitoe content kaa hiyoā€¦ Circles back to our copy paste education system that churns out people who enjoy Inspekta Mwala over CSI or Jalas over Dave Chappelle. Itā€™s hard to understand these people

The problem is too many born ochas have been given an inordinately large microphone to air their low iq content.

Support local producers and contect creators buana. Inaitwa uzalendo banae

There are lots of people in our world who canā€™t perceive particular content atually. I bet you are not the only one who canā€™t watch something and prefer other things. I believe that itā€™s okay, because all we are individuals and all of us have their own worldview.
If you canā€™t perceive this content, then just try not to watch it, if you have limited access to movies/series and you just have nothing to watch, then try not to perceive this content so sensitive. In my opinion, people should always have to do something that they like in order to fill their organisms with happiness hormones and feel less anxious. ANxiety directly leads to serious consequences with the mental health. Itā€™s awful.