Which would you go for, CR-V or RAV 4?

Wewe ndio wale wa Premio/Allion are different cars and they share everything from transmission. I still insist that’s the same car
[ATTACH=full]400524[/ATTACH]
am out

Get this point, a slight difference in wheel base is enough to create a huge difference in maneuverability. A short wheel base car will handle rough terrain easier than a wide one. Sio kilaa saa tunaangalia engine.

following

Honda CRV are the most reliable mid size SUV. They have been in the market for a very long time. Rav4 ni kadogo somehow than the CRV. Though the newer Rav4 is now bigger in size. Also Vanguard is the bigger version of Rav4.

Suzuki Escudo is also good for offroad

How reliable is it though. Also parts availability. Nakumbuka tule tu suzuki vitara tudogo back in the days. Tulikuwa tunafanana na Jeep

This is so 90s. You can ship in anything you wish in days.

My wife has a CR-V

Both are Reliable… depends on choice…anything Toyota or Honda is Good.

Tupee review elder. Common issues ama ni problem free?

Both are Reliable… depends on choice…anything Toyota or Honda is Good.

It is very dependable and easy to maintain.

Wanaume wako mpaka na Renault hii Kenya and they still survive. Usiogope saana spare parts availability.

I think you are talking about Daihatsu Terios zenye KPLC hutumia

Vanguard ni 15 inches alloys while Rav 4 17 inches alloys

Vanguard ni 7 seater Rav 4.

Rav 4 models from 2020 ndio kusema with 2022 hybrid, 18 inches alloy rims version being the best but bei naumisa mfuko.

Not all Vanguards are 7 seater.

It’s the RAV 4 by a mile, at least…na RAV 4 sio Vanguard and not the CR-V.

1. The RAV 4 has better clearances.
  2. The RAV 4 is cheaper to maintain.
  3. The RAV 4 has the better gearbox to drive, especially off-road (given both are auto). You don’t want to get caught dead in a CVT option here.
  4. The RAV 4 gearbox will not trouble you; the CR-V one shall - gradually. Did you know that even the 2021 RAV 4 model has a manual option?
  5. The vehicle security immobilizer of the RAV 4 won’t bother you if you insist on adding an aftermarket security system; the CR-V one shall… expensively.
  6. If you smash & grab your RAV 4, you could get back on the road with a decent budget. If you do that with the CR-V, it shall make better economic sense to just buy another car…if you can even find the parts you need to get ship shape, to start with.
  7. You won’t want to dispose the RAV 4, but if it comes to that, you’ll still finish far ahead of the Accura…sorry, Honda man in terms of price & time taken to sell. He on the other hand will likely be stuck with it “considering the investment made in the car over the years against the best offer he’s getting” for the Hunda.

The which being said, it’s a free & brave world out there, and it’s to each his own!

Am also looking to buy a Rav4 with Manual transmission so as to avoid the CVT Auto tranny. Personally if i dont get the manual Rav4 i will buy a CRV. I have owned a CRV before. The 1st and 2nd generations and they treated me well.

@Klaw I hope you have read this.

1 Like

I would also love higher ground clearance I’d definitely go for RAV 4

RAV 4

Those two engines produce more or less the same power.

Power is not everything. And if they produced the same power, the RAV 4 will have an advantage being lighter in weight and having a shorter wheel base…then again…The maximum power in the case of Toyota Rav4 is no more than 170 HP while Vanguard gives a powerful performance that is near to 270 HP. I don’t knw what makes you feel that 170 is more or less the same as 270