Where's there's smoke. There's money

I had no idea that you could make money off smoke. So wood vinegar which is made when condensing smoke from charcoal burning fetches for about 1200 shillings a liter. And can be used in a vast number of applications such as an agro herbicide, pest repellant, can be used in foods to imitate smoky flavor etc. Imagine the number of trees that have been cut in Kenya to make makaa and yet the real wealth was in the smoke…

Here’s a video explaining the process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DICS10WDVl8

My History teacher taught me otherwise. That “Where there’s smoke ,there is fire”

Why do I feel hii story ni kama zile promo za sure bets na screen shot ya balance wazimu sportmbesha…

The information is there. I’m just passing on knowledge…

Just a few months ago there was a huge incident in Kitui over charcoal. Yet the byproduct smoke or pyroligneous acid is going away untapped…

you can collect appx. 1-2 liters of wood vinegar per 9 hour cycle while producing appx. 20-35kgs of lumpwood charcoal from appx.80kgs of air dried wood.

Cookswell Energy Saving Jikos and Charcoal Ovens: How to make your own wood vinegar with a Cookswell Kiln

It might be that there are benefits of this business, but I don’t see any benefit of cutting trees. Trees are very important for whole ecosystem, by cutting it there could be huge damage to the nature and environment. I am sure that you can find better business from this one