What happened to Starehe Boys Centre, Luos?

:D:D:D:D Sisi watu wa Provisional schools tulikuwa tunakatia madem time ya funkie hawakuwa wanataka kutuongelesha kama Mang’u boys na Alliance wako around.

Alafu ujaribu kukatia madem wa Kenya High ama Limuru girls kama umetoka shule haijulikani wanakulenga.We were “meffi” in their eyes.

But Mungu ni nani. Saa hizi ni pesa inaongea.

Kwani it is okay for him to be in a boys school at the same time?

Kiburi ni muhimu in life. Juu usipokua na kiburi utatumiwa kama kifagio.

Sometime back, there was a discussion about Ivy schools like Turi and Brookehouse (as you called them) vs village schools. I recall you saying thatyou went Ivy schools and thatis why you are successful. SO which is which?

And private showers too which was nice coz I used to hear other schools had communal showers. Weekly dry cleaning of all sheets and blankets…All fourth formers and best performing 3rd formers (matron’s pets) had a private dorm “cube.” House prefect had her own private bedroom and bathroom. Dinner time after supper there was always tea, bread and sausages available.

Now that you are calling me Son… Ok daddy, didn’t I actually write that they actally did these? And have zeros? Ama unaeza pata zero subject hujafanya, daddy? Uliweza kusoma? Uliweza kuelewa? Ama uliweza kusoma nini hapo juu, daddy?

Turi ni Ivy? Eeerrr…ok. Mi siyui

Toa Mangu kwa hiyo list mse.

I wouldn’t call Brookehouse an Ivy school to be honest. Just an expensive useless school. Kenya High is definitely Ivy. Never been to Turi or interacted with anyone from there, but they have an airstrip. Jesus, the moment you decide you need an airstrip, that already says something.

Couldn’t have said it any better.

By the way…hmm

Ni jamaa wa securex ama Jeff Hamilton… patrolling.

I played a basketball tournament at Turi and you honestly wouldn’t know you are in Kenya. I was truly humbled.

Just seen what Turi and most prestige schools feeds students to make them feel “special”.

What’s the point of feeding students unhealthy junk food? Bacon, sausage, fried chicken, chips, waffles unapatia mtoto kila siku ya nini?

No wonder you will see a lot of fat kids in those schools.

Thanks for giving me the chance to say we fed exceedingly well at my highschool. 2 course meals. Main meal and desert. Professionally trained chefs. Ice creams, Custards, Mustards, all the junk. But that’s no excuse to get fat. Your health is your own responsibility. Ok maybe that’s a little harsh on teenagers, but at the end of the day. It’s your life. Blame if you want, but you’ll still have to live it.

listen to me son. that point there has no meaning

:DHehe…mtu asiwahi kupatia pressure ati ooh you went to a Provincial school it means xyz…Even a district school is okay as long as you grew into a person of substance.

High school was such a total body immersion experience though.

Alliance, Nairobi school, St.Marys etc used to be at their peak and boujee in the 1960s and 1970s, In Nairobi school, they used to have 3-course meals. The transition from colonial government turned those schools to look like concentration camps

There is nothing like “me son” kwa kizungu bana. “Me son” ni mnyama gani? Enda uandike, “Listen to me, son…” mara kumi halafu sasa tunaweza ongea. Otherwise nitakuja kukuenjoy hapa ukiendelea kuvizana.

Those kids eat that food at home every day so they don’t need it to make them “feel special”. Its just what they are accustomed to.