Watu Wa Payslip

Ni mimi pekee nimenotice watu wa mshahara hukuwa very bad at managing money??

The last few days nimehustliwa na watu kama saba wengine hata sijaongea na wao in ages.

Ni kama watu live paycheck to paycheck bana and it cuts across the board.

Kama kawaida nimefanya my old trick ya kuwaambia nimesota sana pia then nawajenga peanuts kama punch ivi just in case walikuwa mwisho kabisa. But at least wanajua hawawezi nitegemea kuwatoa kwa ngori :grin:

I learned the hard way that the smartest method of dealing with leeches is to give them peanuts zenye haziwezi wasaidia beyond a day or two. Then nitawakumbusha vile niliwasaidia so they have no case against me :grin::grin: I call it the art of helping without helping. Inakaa January imepiga raiyaa KO sana ama walipiga sherehe sana Dec when I was burning the midnight oil.

6 Likes

Mimi mtu akinipigia nalia sana kumshinda aache kunisumbua kama hayuko in my tight circle of friends kwanza ile trick napenda ni kulia vile niko na fees arrears na shule inanipeleka mbio

5 Likes

Kusema ukweli very few paychecks in Kenya allow you to be comfortable. Even if you are good with money, as a single man if you are paid less than 60k in Nairobi, sooner or later itabidi umeingia kwa madeni for one reason or another.

For family men, adjust that figure up to 150k

4 Likes

Kama uko na float ya pesa, utakula madem wote mkia. Kila Dem ule Ako na shida has a price. Just tell her let’s meet Kwa lodgo ama Airbnb to collect the help cash. Majority will come and many will never turn down an offer of straight up cash in exchange of tight mkia. Thank me later

1 Like

I would be more understanding mtu akiniambia alifutwa job 3 months ago na hajabahatika kupata ingine. At least utaelewa anaweza kuwa mwisho and he has exhausted his savings. Lakini kupiga simu ukiomba pesa yet uko job just means you are irresponsible.

6 Likes

That’s a clever trick too. Mimi I learned the hard way siku hizi the only people I would give any meaningful financial help are my close family members pekee. Everyone else ni zero ama punch max on a case by case basis. In other words, I don’t help people outside my family financially.

3 Likes

“helping without helping” has been Zakayo motto all along. Moi was a master of it too

4 Likes

nairobi kama unalipwa chini ya 100k hufai kuwa hata na familia because you will be crazy broke. 100k can only support one kid, ukiongeza mtoto mwingine inabidi you add another revenue stream.

2 Likes

You also have to understand that JSKS’ tax policies are hurting the salaried guys most, I honestly don’t understand why they don’t join Azimio protests against the taxation and levies issue. If you take PAYE, Housing Levy, New Nssf rates, New NHIF rates that is almost 40% of your gross salary, if you add commodity levies and taxes, these guys give the government more than 50% of their hard-earned money.

2 Likes

what’s the job-availability in Coast like? Whats the whole economy there like? Sijawai fika coast.

Technically siko Coast because niko Tsavo West National Park ndani ya park kabisa, little or no interaction with the locals to know the opportunities. The only thing I have noticed is that the locals who are Taita are generally very lazy, and the area is sparsely populated, the whole of Taita Taveta County which stretches all the way from Taveta(Kenya-Tanzania Border) to Voi has a population of 360k.

2 Likes

“manze niko pabaya, at least we uko na hope end month. Ukipata kakitu mwisho siunirushie kakitu aki, ata kama ni thao mbili, nitashukuru” you never hear from them again.

2 Likes

You are absolutely very correct.Paycheck makes you very irresponsible when it comes to managing money because you know that at exactly this time in 30days to come my account will be credited with the same amount.Many office slaves dont have side hustles and they love comfort and soft lifestyle ya ku swing their butts to the lift lobby while carrying water bottles filled with lemon water.They are more focused on getting promotions and pay increases than on diversifying their source of income.Salo and love for soft life leaves one a pauper.Many of them die within a year or two post retirement.The salaried peeps who are the shylocks where i work are the sales people.Sales people are the real hustlers.The job really opens ones eyes about oppprtunties out there.Jamaa earns net ya 160k and has two distributor outlets from which he earns commisions from the same organisation that he works in na management haijui.On top of that bibi yake anauza ma phone accessories down town na side chick anauza ma simu kwa ka shop adlife plaza.Kawaida inafika mid month the sales back office chicks and customer care chicks start pestering him for a quick 10k to be refunded within aweek.He will be dry frying all the team leaders in the name of a quick 10k.He never harakishas them to pay back.They simply mpesa the money back when salo hits their account for the fear of not being sorted the next time they need a financial favour.
There was a new HR employee relations woman who came with moto mingi,dishing out show causes ovyo ovyo.She found herself in some financial mess and didnt want to go through the embarassment of applying for a salo advance.she used to drink at a local in the evenings after sitting her bum and emailing show cause letters the whole day.She opened up about her predicament to some finance girl she had befriended.The girl told her about the very liquid sales guys on heavy salos and bonuses.Unfortunately she had rubbed most of them the wrong way.The only only one she approached asked her to meet him at Sagret to discuss.Of course she showed up requesting for a quick 20k.The guy said sawa but lazima apewe pussy first.Her tipsy self refused and she walked away in protest.Three days later she calls the guy requesting to meet up after work.The guy tells her ‘si ulikataa ile maneno?’ kwa speaker ndio tujue yeye ni ndume.Long story short,alikubali kutoa suruali,she got her 20k,which she paid immediately she earned her salo.After that she rarely dished show cause letters za sales performance.Infact she used to call a sales guy first anamshow by the way,been asked by your hoss to give you show cause,unaonaje hii maneno.Uko na reason naeza tumia kukutetea ndio usipewe?
People who are liquid financially,marketing campaigns,soft life merchants all target salaried employees.If you combine the marketing bombardments that they receive and the slavery that they go through from 8am to 5pm it is clearly visible why they are perpetually broke.If you are a liquid guy with side hustles and probably your job needs you to be in the field 60% of the time you can easily manage side hustles and be a shylock to your colleagues.
Humans are creatures of habit.If they borrow 20k from you today and payback in time,then they do the same next month,they adjust their lifestyle into their salaries+the 20k that they will be borrowing from you and paying back in time.This is how loan apps and other loan sharks thrive.If you are this guy at the place of work utakula madem wote umalize.For the hot one who you have always wanted to bang and is always in need of 20k around the 19th of the month,all you have to do is to tell her “wish i could help you this month,but things are tight”.Atakuambia venye oh you just earned a bonus of 320k,oh just help me you dont know how things will be tomorrow,oh aki please you are my only hope.Ndio isikue ametumwa na roho chafu za HR(otherwise how did she know about the 329k bonus),mshow huna cash,but you have the 320k tucked in the safe in the house.Also tell her you dont plan on going anywhere this weekend so if she is interested akujie home sato mid morning hours.Of course she will pretend to be shocked at coming to your house but she will be ringing your gate bell at 10am on the dot.Be on the look out in case she is fidgeting with her phone in case anataka kuku record Mshow unadai kumpa stick.she wont say no.The moment she has come to your place she has decided she will be leaving with the 20k no matter what.Una dinya yeye shoti mbili mzito za back to back.Lakini ukue rada ya wenye wame peana notice ya ku resign.Unaeza wapatia a quick 10k then they vanish into thin air.
Pia ukue rada ya dem una deenya.asikue wa department yenye una deal na colleagues wake direct.Deenya wa finance,corporate comms,ama IT,project management office,etc wenye una meet tu ku lift ama kwa office events ama kwa ma town halls.Usikule wa credit ama sales back office anaeza kuchomea ki customers/accounts mkikosana ama askie unadeenya wengine.On the flip side hao wa back office uki wa treat poa wata fast track your new accounts.You can even open dealerships zako wanaku creatia accounts very fast but unaweka fronts ama proxies wasijue wee ndio bazuu.

3 Likes

Halafu wakiretire they degenerate into zombies. I have a neighbor who was earning over 200k.One year after retirement ni pombe na sigara tuu

Watumie hiyo

1 Like

There was a time I could blow my peanuts before the next payday. Until the day I realised pretending to be always broke but saving 50% of your income was what i needed. Corona did its magic to impart some financial lessons.
Only my kids, wife can get money outside my monthly budget and maybe 2 close buddies. Anyone else nothing

I couldn’t agree more. I once said the same kwa hii forum nikatusiwa sana. Mtu anajaribu kuanza family na less than 100k ataishi maisha mbovu sana na atakuwa msoto 24/7. I would advise a single man earning 100k to live on 50k and save/invest 50k. At that level hata heri kubuy gari than kupata watoi juu gari you can park it for a week or two ukisota but mtoi ni 24/7/365 expense. Tafuta one bedroom cheap in a somewhat safe area, buy kadudu cheap kanakunywa 25km/l, get a low maintenance girlfriend. Mambo ya sherehe usipige sana. You can do all that with about 50k and by end of the first year already uko na 600k saved up. Meanwhile ule msee alipata mkidi with that salo ilibidi ahamie 2-bedroom, and childcare costs zinampiga uppercuts juu he doesn’t earn enough money. By the end of year-1 ako na mtoi wa 1 year with no cash/investment to show.

3 Likes