WAliozeeka Ile Kijiji Ingine Discussing Serious Issues

https://www.kenyatalk.com/index.php?attachments/1625954712414-png.373663/&hash=28ff03fb9e8f8333601df3f866ee588e

The Conflict

One day at night, a father-in-law and his son-in-law were outside spending the evening. The darkness grew great and the father-in- law stood up, saying : “ My son-in-law, let us go to sleep! There is a darkness like the gloom of a blind eye.” His son-in-law then remained with shame, for he was blind in one eye ; but he kept quiet.

One day, when moonshine had come, they are again gossiping outside, both the father-in-law and the son-in-law. The son-in-law then tells his father-in-law : “ O sir, let us go to sleep ; for there is a moonlight that shines like a bald-head shine that will do us harm where we are. :D:D:D

The Solution

The father-in-law then goes into his house feeling bitter. His son-in-law also then goes away into his house.

In three days, the father-in-law calls six aged men, seven with himself. Says : “ I want to be heard about the insult, which my son-in-law gave me.” The aged men then send to call the son-in- law. When he came, the father-in-law then spoke: “You, gentle- men, they are wont to say this . Where is a bought one, do not there refer to it.’ But, my son-in-law, one day, we were outside spending the night, he sees the moonlight set in, he will not speak to me, saying, ‘ let us go to sleep ; ’ he speaks to me, with a heart to offend me, saying, 4 there is a moonlight of bald-head shine ! let us go to sleep, my father-in-law, for this moonlight, it will do us harm.’

Therefore, until to-day let him be with my daughter ; but I am not his friend, because of insults which he gave me. I am bald-headed, he said ‘bald-head shine.’ Me, did he not insult me ? Therefore I reject the friendship with him.”

Then the son-in-law : I would not have said it, if my father-in- law had not been first in insulting me. One day, after dark, we are outside gossiping, my father-in-law told me, saying : Come let us go to sleep ; for there is a darkness as the gloom of a blind eye.

’ I am dead of one eye ; did he not insult me thus, you gentlemen ? ” “Truth; he insulted thee. Why! thy son-in-law, who is dead of one eye, thou comest to say this saying about the darkness ! If he said the moonlight of bald-head shine ! he returned what thou be- gannest to tell him. Thus be not in enmity, both son-in-law and father-in-law. Thou, father-in-law, hast no son ; thy son, (it) is thy son-in-law. Thou thyself wast first in offending him ; he then re- torted to thee also. Be ye friends. This affair, do not go away with it ; take it out of (your) heart. Because thou, the aged, wast the first, the younger he paid thee back. We will not hate each other because of these things. Bring rum ; let us drink. We will have no bad words like those. Thou thyself hast said it, 4 Where is a bought one, do not refer to it.’ Thou knewest that thy son-in-law is one-eyed ; thou didst refer to it ; now when he pays it back, shall it be a crime ? ”

They then remained in friendship, both the son-in-law and the father-in-law.

@Sokwe mtu Kuja unisaidie hapa:D

U

M

M

E

F

Old English

I