Vehicle stalling ,switches off and after few minutes it works ..

Pole ndugu, tafuta good mechanic,

@saccovictinm @Rene Descartes @Thinman90 @
Do the following.

1. Change the camshaft position sensor. Then comeback and report. I can’t quite trace your car model but it’s a easy fix. I used to do it in less than 10 minutes flat. On German cars it’s a nightmare in hell. Someone people sold their cars. If that doesn’t fix it,
  2. Have someone read your engine codes and look to change the:
  3. Crankshaft position sensor. It’s deeper in the engine bay so a mech is needed.
    Cc: @kush yule mnono

Am here to learn some new stuff. Waiting for @saccovictinm to submit the final findings and resolution

I think you took adulterated fuel. The original pump should be OK. If it wasn’t smoking before you fueled, there’s dirt in the fuel. I’d suggest you have your mechanic drain all the fuel, rinse the fuel filter with fresh petrol, clean your fuel tank, before replacing anything. Then put fresh fuel in the car. That might solve your problem

Seems like it’s becoming a common problem. What could be the matter? I’m highly suspecting fuel
[ATTACH=full]408454[/ATTACH]

The Energy and Petroleum Regulatory Authority (EPRA) has released names of 19 filling stations found selling adulterated and export-bound petroleum products in the local market.

In a statement Tuesday, January 4, EPRA stated that they conducted 5,242 tests at 1,100 petroleum sites and 98.27 per cent of the sites were found to be compliant while 19 sites turned out to be non-compliant.

According to the statement, some of the fuel sites were ordered to pay penalties while others were closed permanently due to failure to comply with EPRA regulations.

1. Jabura Filling Station - Kibos, Kisumu County found offering the sale of Diesel meant for export ordered to pay Ksh108,618.

File image of a fuel attendant at work at a petrol station.
FILE
2. Letesh Filling station in Gachie, Kiambu County caught dealing in domestic kerosene maker and dilution was detected in domestic kerosene. EPRA closed it.

1. Al-Marshidy Filling Station in Wajir County was caught offering the sale of diesel containing high sulfur content and shutdown.

2. Mitango Filling Kitui Nguni was found offering for sale Diesel meant for export and closed down.

3. Evolving Filling in Majengo, Vihiga County was found offering the sale of kerosene meant for export with the diluted domestic maker and fined Ksh108,618.

4. Raywen Filling Sation in Makindu, Makueni County caught offering the sale of super petrol adulterated with domestic kerosene and ordered to shut down.

5. Eric Oima filing station in Homabay County was caught selling super petrol adulterated with domestic kerosene and dined Ksh50,000.

6. Yememia Filling Station in Kiritiri, Embu Cuntyw as caught selling diesel containing high sulfur and shut down.

7. Patience Filing station in Tharaka Nithi was found selling super petrol that is adulterated with domestic kerosene and fined Ksh215, 594.

8. Lake Oil Mtwapa Service Station in Kilifi County was closed down after EPRA found them selling domestic kerosene marker and diluted kerosene.

9. Hass Petroleum Marsabit Station was fined Ksh250,404 after they were caught selling super petrol adulterated with kerosene.

10. In God We Trust Filing station in Othoo, Migori County was closed after EPRA found the sale of sulfur petrol meant for export.

11. Bunde Filling Station in Othoo, Migori County was also closed after it was found offering super petrol adulterated with domestic kerosene.

12. Chabera Filling station in Homabay County was found selling super petrol adulterated with domestic kerosene and closed.

13. Chebarbar Filling station in Nandi County was found offering the sale of diesel meant for export and closed down by EPRA.

14. Sidex Filling Station in Tabuga, Nakuru County was caught selling diesel meant for export and closed down.

15. Ombac Filling station in Joska, Machakos County was caught offering the sale of diesel and shut down.

16. Kamburu Service station in Masinga, Machakos County was caught selling Diesel meant for export and shut down.

17. Peak Oil Limited in Machakos County was found selling diesel meant for export and closed by EPRA.

Just naming them alone doesn’t help. There should be legislation and a law in place that if found selling adulterated fuel you get cancelled for good and forced to pay for the damage cost once proved beyond reasonable doubt. We cannot continue like this.

According to the statement, some of the fuel sites were ordered to pay penalties while others were closed permanently due to failure to comply with EPRA regulations.

Watu wapelekee gari zao zipewe vaccine.

Mine has the same issue

What issue?

It stalls kwa highway. But upon restarting it immediately, it works fine.

Hiyo ni mambo na gearbox (most likely) though there are other possible causes. Its better to have it checked by a mech with the right diagnostic tools. Incase it turns out to be the cvt, its better to replace rather than repair.

The problem was the computer

Been having the exact same problem for the past three years. Similar car Premio DBA-ZRT260 2008 model. Problem used to crop up when going upcountry after about 150kms but disappears when back to Nairobi doing the daily short distances.
Engine would loose power and even stepping on the acceleration pedal wouldn’t have an impact. I would park aside, restart then everything goes back to normal. It would recur a number of times. At times the check engine light would appear on the dashboard after several of those restarts. But once I arrive at the destination, the light would disappear after a day or two.
I once went to a mechanic who talked of the airflow sensor fault, chomoad the exhaust piping and flashed(cleaned) it. Problem dissappeared for some time but recurred again. Since then nimeishi nayo after kuona ni kama mechanics are just cluelessly tampering with the engine. I once met someone at the mechanic who mentioned his brother is facing the same problem with the same car model but he had also never gotten a solution too.

Try checking your wiring. cutoff or alarm or tracker connections. Ensure they are done well.

C

Could this really be the issue? Rough idling and shutting down??

Update. Today I decided to try and address the rough idling issue and to my surprise, the fix was very easy. Changed the spark plugs and cleaned the throttle body. Car idles as new and engine purrs like a cat

It sounds like limp mode activated when the cvt overheats no wonder Nissan owners are Installing aftermarket cvt coolers