US Lawmakers Oppose Daadab Closure

[INDENT][I]All 10 US Congress members from a state hosting thousands of Somali refugees recently urged Secretary of State John Kerry to oppose Kenya’s move to shut the Dadaab complex.

“Should Kenya continue to follow through with the closure, it would threaten the lives of thousands of refugees,” the two US senators and eight representatives from Minnesota wrote in an open letter to Mr Kerry.
…Yada, yada, yada[/I][/INDENT]

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/-/1056/3255646/-/ph184yz/-/index.html

UK has bitten more than he can chew, hii kitu haifungwi

3 Likes

This is the work of Somali refugees who were resettled in Twin cities, Minnesota. Twin cities is like another little Mogadishu. They write to their senators and representatives urging them to put pressure on the Kenya govt via the office of the Secretary of State, if they want reelection votes. Is Kenya really a sovereign country? If so, why can’t we chart our own destiny?

5 Likes

Kenya si kwao. Na vile wengine wao wanataka kujenga ukuta kati ya US na Mexico.

4 Likes

Simple,let’s emigrate all of them to the USA and ask their opinion again in 2 years

11 Likes

All Uhuru wants is more funding. He cares less about the camp

2 Likes

Why not relocate the camp to US?

3 Likes

Hehehehe reminds me of Tuju in 06 when he was minister for foreign affairs.

Hiyo refugee camp inafungwa we don’t need their permission

2 Likes

Let’s talk about Mexicans and their immigration policies.

2 Likes

uhuru obviously has no intention to close the camp. relocating 500,000 people humanely is no joke and the gava is not naive to risk the bad international press a reckless eviction would cause.

the issue here is to press for more funding.

Did you know the US government advised the GOK not to invade Alshabaab in Somalia? Their negative vibes didnt stop Operation Linda nchi, they won’t stop us from closing Dadaab either

2 Likes

some people have already started leaving, the Somali government has also provided land for resettlement