TV guard

Mimi sijui mnaongea kuhusu nini… (sikusoma physics)
But going with your argument, naona naeza kubaliana na wewe. Coz what happened is this, I plugged a Fridge guard into the socket, in the kitchen. Then plugged in one of this sollatek extension cables. Then plugged in fridge, microwave, kettle. Sikuwahi run microwave and kettle at the same time and all was well.
So one day I get home, hungry and thirsty for tea, nikarusha food kwa microwave, maji kwa jug. Absent minded, ran both at the same time, then after a few seconds as I got tea bags, sugar… noticed that hat it was very quiet.
Initially I thought stima zimepotea. Wapi? Fridge guard ilikua imechapa. Luckily, the extension cable survived, and the other appliances were okay. They drew too much current and caused the fuse in the guard to blow.

Yes. You overloaded your system.

Electronic devices (TVs, Music Systems, etc) are destroyed by high voltages. Therefore, a Fridge guard will not protect these since it is made to protect against low voltages. Low voltages destroys Fridges and Freezers.
For electronics get either TV guard or hivolt guard.
There’s also a voltguard that protects both high voltages and low voltages and it is more expensive.
You plug it into the wall and then the extension.
Don’t overload

To protect all equipment in your house get an Avs 30 connect it to the main power coming to your house from your meter box then to a contactor probably 40 or 60 amp then to your consumer unit …with this the TV guards and fridge guards will be unnecessary…

Why don’t you just get a small UPS, 650VA on the wall and rig a multiplug to it from which you can connect the rest of your devices… you get clean power and standby time to shut down stuff incase of black out…

tafuta one with a normal/international 3pin socket…

Thanks a lot. Pointers where I can get quality ones ? Hii Kenya you buy something, it doesnt last 3 months.

Kindly note that fridge guards, volt guards, hivolt guards and TV guardns have a fuse rating of 6Amps so high-powered electrical items should,don’t be plugged onto the mentioned guards.
For protection of high-powered items,please go for power stabilisers or automatic voltage regulators. They are available in different ratings so you’d need an electrical technician to get your overall power consumption then get the appropriate device for you. Sollatek offers the best quality voltage protection devices

Sollatek Kenya has quality ups systems among other products. Click on this link
https://sollatek.co.ke/shop/domestic-power-control/voltsure/lcd-ultima-ups-1000-2000-3/

Ingia any of the shops selling computers and computer accessories… Revlon Plaza comes to mind, na Bihi Towers… ama uingie jiji.co.ke cha muhimu ni ni socket ya nyuma iweze kuingisha a normal 3pin or two pin plug… and not the computer power cables…

kama hii hapa, Although APC are usually pricey jaribu kama utapata ya Digitek iko na such a socket

[ATTACH=full]317686[/ATTACH]

Shukran mkubwa.

ups are only reliable when new,after one year its down hill from there.

Like any other gadjet with a battery inside… the batt. needs replacements based on its charge cycle and your specific loading… Been changing mine every 2yrs…