Traditional Beliefs

Good people,
As you are sipping some fine whisky, help me understand…
I usually don’t believe in traditional beliefs…upuuzi za waafrika. But at times you get sacred to try and prove how wrong they are especially if it affects a close one.
Take this one… ’ If you sleep with a MWK and touch your kid before bathing, the kid will catch some serious diseases’
I have laughed it off and argued there is no science behind such things. Some I have even lied to that I have tried and nothing happened…ni vile u don’t want to try and be proved wrong with your kid.
Does this one cut across different cultures ama elders waliweka hizi kutuweka wanaume under check.

3 Likes

Hizo beliefs zilikuwa check and balance za society kabla ‘freedom’ za mzungu zikuje. Same goes for religious beliefs. Don’t disregard ancient wisdom, hii liberalism imeanza tu juzi less than 100 years ago while civilization has existed for eons.

8 Likes

hapa umerusha tena ka threat

1 Like

I also believe if a mugumo falls it means uotp

1 Like

Hehee…Naona unaita crew ya UOTP/RWNBP

Our community believe that if a uncircumcised boy/old man leads an army the army will be defeated in any war

RWNEEEBCIC =RWNBP

3 Likes

Which war has your circumsised community won?

Though not scientifically proven but majamaa wahanyaji hufanya mtoi face yake inaspoil nikama ako na skin infections especially kwa chic…sana sana when the mother is breastfeeding…but ukitumia protection huwa haitokei…such things hufanya most mother’s wana amini mtoi amerogwa/kutupiwa ama macho mbaya…such explanations.

1 Like

Hiyo ya kukulana halafu ushike mtoi imefanya nikue na dryspell ya mwezi maze. Natamani lakini I love my kid Sana so naamua wacha ningoje tu

3 Likes

Unaeza oga after, wahenga walituhurumia…don’t waste a good slice

3 Likes

Like Hitler’s army which vanquished other armies in Europe? Or Shaka’s mfecane?

The Germans won battles but did They win wars ?

2 Likes

Yes they did, but in the world wars walinyoroshwa.

They won battles but lost wars.

I thought you were asking about beliefs that your community believed but might not be true , I shared mine you start asking me to justify?or do you believe them now?

1 Like

Actually, they won several wars before they became the modern German state in the late 1800’s.

2 Likes

example

1 Like

Franco-Prussian war.

1 Like

Vile @kah tony amesema.
Some communities believe a lady should not eat eggs, bananas and some parts of a chicken when pregnant. At first, it struck me as odd, then my grandma explained that when a woman does that while pregnant, she gets an abnormally big baby and has problems giving birth. The old may not have had the exact scientific explanations for some of these things, but they had a good idea why they were suggested.

11 Likes

How do you know he is uncircumcised? Ama you play “haga games” with him?

1 Like