This thing called "Tribe"

While the colonialists coined the word “tribe” to mean a group of savages,its a pity that we as Africans are living up to it.
With the CORD Demos,the devil of tribalism has been awakened.
On a particular vernacular FM station,the presenter wakes up to spew tribal hate.
Talking about people planning to overthrow govt,how we should prepare for war…
Leo naamka kuskia ati “Gari zetu sio samaki” chants on the show regarding the matatu demos…While i thank the mainstream media from excluding such clips,these gutter press will be our downfall…
Tribe is only a game played by politicians to gain political mileage but we let it enslave us…
I hope and pray we dont end up like 07…

5 Likes

Ati gari yetu sio samaki na unapata wale wanasema hivo ni Machokosh peasants… Hata wawezi afford matt

7 Likes

we’re doing badly man

Uthamaki ni wetu, thamaki ni zao :D.

4 Likes

:D:D

Draw a sketch of someone who can afford a matatu

Kenya as a country is headed in the wrong direction. Ole wetu!

1 Like

When the affected respond, you start hearing tribalism. Haki nyinyi watu wa cord kuweni serious sometimes. Do you seriously expect that you will invade town every week throw stones, destroy property and generally be a nuisance na mnyamaziwe tu?
Hata mimi nasema Gari zetu sio samaki. Have some respect for private property.

1 Like

First of all i am not of any political affiliation here.
I dont support the demos nor the dialogue.
And the station i was listening to was a KIKUYU station.
The presenter is like a gossip monger and when you mix gossip plus politics/tribalism it will only end in bloodshed.
I saw enough of it in 2007/08

Alafu some of us tunakuanga stupid you risk your life and health for the so called tribal lord. Ukipata problems the only ppl wanakujanga kukusaidia ni family and some friends hautawahii ona your whole tribe inachangia kukusaidia unless wewe you are a tribal elite then you will have a bunch of fools from your tribe willing to die for you.

In Kenya and world generally there are only 2 tribes the elite/rich and ignorant/poor. They have a common enemy known as poverty and ignorance which unfortunately the second tribe has assumed as part and parcel of its existence. I have benefited in many ways from people and cultures of diverse ethnic background, I see nothing wrong with being a Maasai, Turkana, Luo, Kalenjin, Kikuyu, Luhya, Kamba or Miji Kenda and further you don’t choose your birth heritage but I have an issue with an ignorant and foolish persons because it is this kind of a persons that will wear poverty and ignorance with pride, put aside all meaningful activity to fight a politicians’ battles and still go back home in the evening to assault their wives and children because they have not been served dinner which in the first place have no idea how it was gotten. Bure Kabisa!

4 Likes

This is Gold. That is the conclusion of matter. Next thread!

1 Like

:slight_smile:

MIMI NASEMA,GARI SIO FORESKIN

Kwenda huko na hiyo obsession yako.

1 Like

It is only tribalsm when we react.

GET IT; WE ARE NOT TAKING YOUR SHIT ANY MORE. WE ARE NOT TAKING YOUR SHIT ANY MORE.

ILE KIKUYU IKO KISUMU/SIAYA/MIGORI SHAURI YAO. WE ARE NOT TAKING SHIT ANY MORE!

1 Like

Labels:
When labels solidify they become all we can see, what we experience. The true depth of a person and the miracle of their existence is replaced with a word. A sound. An assemblage of vowels and consonants. Ink or digital letters on paper or screen - Chuck Lorre.
Here on KTalk, with total strangers, we seem unable to practise non-judgmental looking in a non-cancerous way. Even the most sane sounding people have daggers lurking. Mungu atusamehe.

but you are a real man! Well said bro!

My prayer is that come Monday polisi waondokee mchezo wanaume wapeane heshima.

1 Like

fixed

1 Like