the wire grand finale

Yesterday i managed to finish watching the grand finale of the series “the wire” and i must admit that this old school series was dope although it ends in an anti climax. I think after the game of thrones it has diverse characters and the plot takes you on a whirl world tour. I cant point to who impressed me more but joe really deserves a special mention. Those who didnt watch it do it its worth the time[ATTACH=full]29896[/ATTACH]

1 Like

I loved the ending… it was unapologetic and realistic… just like the rest of the series. Having grown up around drugs I can tell you there are very few happy endings in that game. The one that broke me the most is how Dukie ended up replacing Bubbles… I mean I could see Michael wasn’t going to end up well with the Stanfield Crew from their first interaction and him having a conscience and all and Randy was obviously going back to the system… but Dukie, man… that kid was my hope for the show… the underdog who ends up getting out.

This to me is the greatest T.V show that has ever been made… I keep on trying to find something better, but I can’t. I like how rough the makers handle the audience they show you that you are there to observe the lives of the characters as they experience it. You are not one of them and you will never be so just sit there and watch. I also like the dialogue… apart from so many quotable relevant lines the show is written in such a way that you have to pay really close attention to what every character says even minor ones to get the flow of things. The dialogue is not the kind that tries to lead you by explaining every scene. This is truly a SHOW because that is all they do.

3 Likes

I actually found the last season a bit of a let down. I see its relevance in how the game affects younger kids but it was huge depature from the first 3 seasons. I didnt find myself invested in what happened to the kids. For me that last season felt like an afternoon special about why the drug game can ruin your life.

1 Like

Stringer Bell yo!

1 Like

It had a rating of 96% on rotten tomatoes it beats logic why it never won major accolade…and whats up with stanfield ending on a corner sikuelewa hapo?

1 Like

It was bubbles and omar were reborn dukie and michael. But dukie really got me man that kid had a future

I hadnt made that connection until just now :eek:
That puts the last season in perspective then.
I watched the series late last year

1 Like

Marlo is a to Sringer. He got exactly what Stringer wanted but he wasn’t built for it… he did not fit in. There is a scene where Prop Joe is taking to Marlo about money laudering and when he talks about the bank in the Carribeans him a Chris show distrust in “money they cannot touch” and once they leave Prop laments to Tall-man about the difficulty in “civilizing these niggas”. You see, unlike Stringer who symbolizes Capitalism, Marlo stands for unregulated Corporatism… he is not one to be filtered by suits and caviar. He belongs to the streets. He is in it for the respect and he doesn’t feel like he gets it in a room of highly educated lawyers and developers who just smile at him for his money.

So he goes back to where he feels like he belongs.

3 Likes

Now i get it thanks

i’ve watched like 5 episodes of season one.i need to go for leave

Man you dont know what you are missing

1 Like

I wanted a good win for the Backsdale boys, especially Evon Backstill, Omar was my man but only the gay thing in him I never liked, I wante Marlow to suffer but he was too smart, McNaulty was just a good detective, I would welcome him to team MAFISI with open hands

2 Likes

Mimi bado sijaona ingine kama 24, the last ship na banshee wamejaribu lakini

Still struggling with season 01 episode 01…sigh

1 Like

mee too!!! :frowning:

ongezea mimi kwa hio list. YAAAWN!

1 Like

Its takes a while before the plot picks but then again hakuna series inaanza on a high so hang in there itakushika

1 Like

Brother Mouzone was one of my favorite characters. Unconventional, concise and assertive

2 Likes

This is in my opinion the best scene in the show and it involves two of my best characters…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3T_2RTDcVo

1 Like

I like such concise dialogues.

That scene also reminded me of Omar’s whistling before he attacks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMm1Wih0kug

3 Likes