The New University Funding Model Elaborated! Usiskize Propaganda

Nimeona so many propagandas about the new university fee structure. What they are not presenting is the funding model by the government. Actually, this model is even better because parents are going to pay less compared to what is being paid at the moment.

2 Likes

Unadhani wakenya ni wajinga. You may be paying less but if you consider the loan students are essentially being shafted. When I was in Uni the fee was never higher than 20k per semester with no loan. But in this new model a student could be saddled by over 500k in debt before they finish school.

4 Likes

acha uongo buana. Bila help hunge survive. Slef sponsored were paying kitu 120k per sem

If you were a JAB student you had to pay less than 20k per sem but now you will be saddled with hundreds of thousands in debt. It is now better to go to a private Uni. Less cost and better facilities. The government used to heavily subsidize tertiary education but now people are going to be paying more.

3 Likes

You needed to have Helb for you to pay that amount. So loan bado ilikua. The difference is that imeongezeka kidogo for those who are not needy. But kwa watu wa chini loan imepungua. inaitwa equity.

No lecturers salaries will go unpaid for months because the university will be liquid in cash. We are fixing the handshake one step at a time

1 Like

Bullshit. I did not have helb and I paid less than 20k per sem because the government automatically subsidized public education. Now the cost have been shifted to the public since the subsidy has been decreased.

Read this article for more info Education for the rich: Concern as thousands set to miss out in new varsity funding model | Nation

3 Likes

exactly. Actually, the universities will have excessive amount of cash, which may boost research and development as well as creating employment.

1 Like

That model was unfair to the needy. Sai hawalipi chochote n the loan amount is small. Kama unajiweza gharamika buana.

You can actually survive without that effing helb. Helb only paid 4 k directly to fees. Iyo ingine yote ni Yako. Infact helb ni bondage watu wengi walijiingiza na ata haikuwasaidia. Back in Uni, my neighbor alkua anaikunywa yote 2-3 days anarudi default suffering mode. Now I’m imagining mans has accumulated pesa mingi na iyo loan

2 Likes

Suddenly Ugandan universities will start being attractive. Au ata SA.

2 Likes

Happy are bottom faggets like @tyler123 mtoto wa Malaya mama pima mchafu since he won’t have kids . Yeye ni kupanuliwa Tu mcoooooooooooshhh

Kama fees ya Kenya inakushinda ya SA utatoboa? Maybe UG

How was the old model unfair to the needy and everyone was being sponsored?

Kisii university is charging quite low fees

The needy were being placed in the same category as those with money.

[quote=“Spaxs, post:13, topic:453989”]

Kama fees ya Kenya inakushinda ya SA utatoboa? Maybe UG

[/quosome SA universities are reasonable especially now with these new fees guidelines especially the state owned ones. And they are more marketable than ours

Umejaza shonde kwa kichwa badala ya akili mkuu

1 Like

the older model worked just fine. government should have increased helb funding and chase after defaulters more aggressively. this stupidity of changing everything because you can is just bullshit