The City of Dallas has 68,600 millionaires, a new report finds

The number of millionaires in Dallas has increased 75% over the past decade as wealth continues to accumulate in the fastest-growing region in the United States.

That’s according to a report by consulting firm Henley & Partners Holdings Ltd., which ranked Big D fourth for the percentage increase in the number of millionaires from 2013 to 2023. Dallas tied with Washington, D.C., and trailed only Austin, the San Francisco Bay Area and Miami.

https://www.wfaa.com/article/money/business/dallas-added-more-millionaires-than-all-but-3-other-cities-new-report/287-a73c96c8-a46b-4fb9-aee3-22f7a0bc828c

Nairobi also has seen an increase of dollar millionaires, what’s the difference between these millionaires though.

1 Like

This is a problem with the word millionaire. Many who bought houses worth 300k 10 years ago are worth 1m today. But that doesn’t necessarily mean they are rich, at least not cash rich.
Let them count how many people make at least $300k per year. Apo ndio Simba wako.

2 Likes

Cash is king. Ask @Gaines . You would be better off living in a modest house on a small plot of land and earning a regular income of 150k than having a palatial residence on a five acre land while you are struggling to put food on the table

3 Likes

Search kama @applebee100 ni mmoja wao
Make It Rain Money GIF by yvngswag

2 Likes

You don’t accumulate assets worth a million dollars while living hand to mouth.

2 Likes

Unfortunately cash counts for nothing without assets.
Those earning a million a month are looked down upon by those with assets, and they pay a high price to sit at the same table with the propertied class.

3 Likes

Swali tu…if one has land worth a million, does it mean msee ni millionaire… na hana hata thao kwa mfuko.

you are still a millionaire, in real life, when liquidity issues arise, people sell, lease or borrow money and attach these assets.
i guess watu wa wash wash have painted unrealistic picture in our society

1 Like

My 25acres hapa muranga are worth over 50m. If I add developments like the house, the tea, eucalyptus, the 20 Friesian cows, and river flowing through the farm etc I am a real billionaire. So yes, I am a billionaire.

2 Likes